Non stop action Sunday morning!

My son and I got up at the crack of dawn knowing the fleas were going to be relentless but hoping the fishing would more than make up for it. Splash down about 6 am.....put two wire dipsies down .... One out 245 and one about 300 both on a 2.5 with flasher flies then put the probe rigger down with a clean spoon about 50 feet. While I was getting Troutman87's torpedo weight on the other rigger one of the wire dipsies started screaming! After a nice long fight we boated a 8lb laker! Trolled a bit more then the other dipsy started hammering.... Another good laker in the net. Brought everything in cleaned it and put it back out. Told my captain "aim for the honey hole Peyton!!!" Right when I had a feeling we were gonna hit another laker......wham .....a wire dipsy started hammering.......gave the rod to Peyton and I no sooner grabbed the wheel when the 55 degree (50 down) probe rigger fired....I set the hook and traded rods with my boy cause I was pretty sure it was a bow and nothing feeds a fishing addiction like a healthy Rainbow tussle!!! We netted the bow after a few aerial moves .... took a quick pic and got her back were she was happy. He grabbed the other rod and reeled in the dipsy laker we had to begin with. Cleaned everything again....trolled toward where we caught the 8 pounder and wham....wire dipsy again throbbing!!! Another one in the net!!! After all that action and flea maintenance we decided it was time for some homemade waffles!!! Off the water by 8:30 am......perfect!!!!

post-150731-13744491038748_thumb.jpgpost-150731-13744491275965_thumb.jpgpost-150731-13744491541401_thumb.jpg

Edited by apb

Thanks Nick and Sean,  next year we will be armed with some of that Blood Run anti flea line......whew....what a mess.....

Edited by apb

Rented a cottage on the north end of the lake. Never fished on Cayuga before, Any recommendations as to where to fish. Have all the goodies, have fished out of Olcott on Ontario numerous times. 20 ft. Sea Hunt, 115 Yamaha, 9.9 kicker, Downriggers ,planer boards. Please help.