tried to fish for browns this morning out of i bay

left my dock at first light was greated by the lake with 2 fters. i tried to set lines but couldnt control boat as i was solo so back into the bay i went. ive been noticing alot of marks as i go up and down the bay so i decided to try trolling j plugs for salmon. i trolled the whole bay for about 2 hrs and didnt even move a rod. i pulled lines around 1030 south winds tomorrow so hopefully thunderstorms stay away

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Planned on taking the boat out tomorrow , forecast doesn't look great . May end up pier chucking for a few hours in the am. Hate to get 6 or 7 rod spread out and have a big storm roll in. Been there too many times lol

i fish bybmyself most of the time so its inly a 2 or 3 rod set.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Me too....a little more so every year.....but my son and Admiral Byrd still get on me during ice fishing because I'm out there sitting on my bucket with my two man Clam left in the car cause I like to see what's going on :lol:

I know Ed.....good thing they don't give me an IQ test these days before issuing my fishing license :lol:

P.S. The top is on the bucket Ed :)

Edited by Sk8man

Me too....a little more so every year.....but my son and Admiral Byrd still get on me during ice fishing because I'm out there sitting on my bucket with my two man Clam left in the car cause I like to see what's going on :lol:

Nothing wrong with that, That's all I ever do is sit on a bucket with my back to the wind.  I like traveling light when I ice fish, if it doesn't fit in the bucket that's slung over my shoulder, hanging in the crook of the handle of my auger, it doesn't go on the ice with me.

Tim

I did a lot of brown fishing just east of I-bay during this time of year. If you can,fish in 40 to 60 feet of water. Not only will you catch browns but also small mouth and lakers.