Ethanol foolishness?

jimski2

Now that the price of your grocerys and gasoline has gone up, your fuel mileage has fallen to you are using more straight gasoline than before, how long will it be before the 70 year old committee chairmen in Congress wake up and end this foolishness?

Of course they didn't factor in the cost to modify your gas engines to run the stuff, nor to replace the engines that you have because this gas kills them. oh yeah...forgot....everyone can afford to buy a new car and boat every couple years....yeah, right...NOT :!:

They also didn't factor in the cost to grow the stuff. It actually takes more energy to produce it than the old stuff.

I remember back when Unleaded came along and they raised the prices. They had the nerve to charge more not to put the lead in.

Also, remember when Katrina hit & produced the so-called shortages? Yet immediately afterwards, oil profits went through the sky. :evil:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I hope once the new administration gets into office (whoever it ends up being) that things change. We keep hearing the word "change" in their speeches and campaigns. Around me, I can no longer find any gasoline without ethanol in it. My gas mileage has gone down and my engine isn't running as well as it used to. Gas prices are constantly going up and down day to day. Last week, the name-brand gas station I use was selling regular grade 87 at $2.91. This week, it went up to $3.17. Yes, this foolishness has to stop! In one way, I'm glad I topped off the tank in the boat and poured in StaBil before I put her away for the winter. On the other hand, I just hope the engine starts and runs in a few months.

The one thing I see no one talks about much is the lack of gas station competion. Used to be 4 or 5 stations of different brands trying to get your

business now [at least in our area ] the same couple guys own them all.

As for diesel at $3.89 if they tried that 20 yrs ago the independent truckers would have shut the highways down. Now its company drivers .

I used to know probably 15 independents back then .Now I know one and hes working for me...

My gas milege is all over the place.

10 below is about the lower limit for the diesel fuel

Having a awful time with chainsaws.

But for one dollar I can get a hotdog and 16oz. fountain drink with a fillup.

What gets me is just about every week or two you hear about tax cuts for the big oil companies, like the last one I heard about the next week they are talking about record profits for the oil companies. How does that work? They get tax cuts then get a record profit, do they really need the tax cuts?

We need to work more on cellulosic ethanol, made from grasses and wood not corn. Corn ethanol is just bearly makes more energy than is used to produce it, plus wildlife habitat loss and soil erosion will increase with more corn being grown.