Berts Custom Tackle vs Traxstech

tbulhead

Talked to some store owner in Michigan today over rod holders.  He said Berts are raising their prices next year by 25%.  Also they are rumored to be getting ready to sue Traxstech over the track system.  He also said that Cannon has been baying Bert royalties for the Cannon System.

• 1 month later...

I had a Bert's holder that had a screw that broke on a hit over Labor Day weekend.  Called customer service and they said to send it back.  Put it in the mail on a Monday and a new rod holder showed up on the porch on Friday.  All I wanted was the old one to be fixed.  Great customer service there.

I have the Cannon dual access rod holders on Cannon tracks. IMO Cannon has the best rod holders on the market.

I would have to agree. I personally have Berts on my boat and they really are great but the cannons are that much better.

Use Bert's here too, for  many years. Their customer service is second to none. What I like about them the best is all you have to do is lift up on a dipsey rod and up comes the holder. No buttons to push, no grips to squeeze, no nothing !! Just lift up on the rod. I find that youngsters and women can do this with very little instruction and it makes their charter fishing experience that much more enjoyable.   

I have some Berts that just seem worn. They seem to hang a little. Tried greasing them, it helped but they are not like new. I would like to send them in for repair. Anybody got contact info for them? thanks in advance.

What did you use for grease? I was in contact with the Sevice dept and was told to use white lithium grease. I bought a can and that did the trick.

Capt Rich

• 3 weeks later...