PayPal

B8buket

Can anyone give me a short explination of how this works......specifically

excepting payment from someone on this site?

I'm selling some lures to another member from this site....he wanted to

know if I can except payment from PayPal (which I can)....obviously you

might have figured out that this is my first go around with this payment

method.

I'm a little confused how the process works......I couldnt find out much

info. on the PayPal website relating to this issue.

I have other nice STUFF to sell.......and I ALSO would like to be able to purchase items thru PayPal on this site......

but Like I said I'm (a little confused) about how to go about this :shock:

I'm no paypal expert but here is what I know. if you get a paypal account you can use it to buy things, and it will charge your credit card, which is on file. Or you can use money that you build up in your paypal accounbt to buy other things. I use mine on Ebay. When soemone pays me, I get in my paypal account and then the money is transfered to my bank checking account. It is a secure trasnfer, and it sometimes is insured.

I would suggest you go on ebay and look up paypal. I found it pretty simple to get started.

BTW, their is a fee everytime you do a transaction. So, if I get a payment from an Ebay item I sold, a small amount is deducted.

I'm no paypal expert but here is what I know. if you get a paypal account you can use it to buy things, and it will charge your credit card, which is on file. Or you can use money that you build up in your paypal accounbt to buy other things. I use mine on Ebay. When soemone pays me, I get in my paypal account and then the money is transfered to my bank checking account. It is a secure trasnfer, and it sometimes is insured.

I would suggest you go on ebay and look up paypal. I found it pretty simple to get started.

BTW, their is a fee everytime you do a transaction. So, if I get a payment from an Ebay item I sold, a small amount is deducted.

I'm all set with my account......I'm wondering.....without putting my lures

on ebay.......how someone would be able to make a payment to my account if they wanted the lures that I posted on this site?

Is it even possible......It seems like this person would need some type

of info. to make a payment to my account......still confused ;(

Hey Sliderman,

Paypal is THE MOST TRUSTED payment gateway on the internet. To make a payment, someone would only have to sign on to their paypal account and click "Send Money". After that, they simply type in YOUR email address and the amount of money they want to send you (with an option description of what they are paying for - just for record keeping). Their money is sent instantly to your account then. You can then use money in your account to buy other things online via paypal or you can transfer money (no charge) directly to your personal bank account. PayPal is very flexible that way and thus my first choice when it comes to my money online. Google is coming out with something similar but right the standard that everyone uses is PayPal. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Chad

All they need is the email address that you use for your Paypal account.They just go on to their paypal account,and go to the payment option,and enter your email address,and the amount to send etc.

The funds are then placed in your account.

You will receive a message telling you that a payment was made to your account.It will give you the buyers name and address.It will also tell you if the buyer is verified,and will show the status of the payment.

Make sure the funds are available in your account before you send the merchandise.

Also,to be safe,never go in to paypal from a link in your email.enter the actual address,and get into pay pal that way.There are lots of scams,and fake emails that supposedly are from Paypal. You can get any messages when you get in to your account from the address bar.

******NEVER CLICK ON TO A LINK TO GET INTO PAYPAL*****

John,

You raise another good point with respect to PayPal security. You can never be too safe, so be careful of those SPAM email messages you might be get of people pretending to be PayPal. ALWAYS check the URL in the header to make sure you are actually on the paypal website and not some 10.100.10.10 hacker server.

Cheers,

Chad

you can click the link from ebay too paypal safely seeing they are owned buy the same company ! and i would sugest reading everything in the resolution center it will give you a better under standing on where you stand in case of a problem and trust me on this there is problems , i run a on line buss, and deal with paypal every day ! but if you read that stuff youll now where you stand when the time come"s other wise if you run into a problem with a buyer and call them they will read it off too you and you may not like the out come ! J Ross

I wouldn't use paypal if they paid me to use it. If someone can't send a MO or a cashiers check they're not that interested.

Billpoint is supposedly a good option to paypal, but I only take dead presidents as payment for my items :D

215-0-0 on ebay and a few good cash deals here!