Down rigger repair

A friend of mine is wondering if anyone relatively close to Watkins Glen repairs down riggers. He has Scotty brand and they need some new handles and cable work.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fish-on (Ralph) fixed 3 riggers for me and they work great! I don't know if he works on scotty's but I would shoot him a PM.  He lives just east of Lansing on the east side of Cayuga.  He was a big help to me :handshake:

I know in the original post it was asked about someplace close to Watkins and Screwie Lewie's has been suggested and it is near Fairhaven which is quite a distance.  I had my Cannons serviced there a couple years ago and I was able to ship them there (from Canandaigua) and have them shipped back and it wasn't all that bad price-wise as I recall. I'd ask them if you can do that still. They were real nice folks and reasonable.

On the other hand though they have some great Lake O tackle there if you're into the drive :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I know in the original post it was asked about someplace close to Watkins and Screwie Lewie's has been suggested and it is near Fairhaven which is quite a distance. I had my Cannons serviced there a couple years ago and I was able to ship them there (from Canandaigua) and have them shipped back and it wasn't all that bad price-wise as I recall. I'd ask them if you can do that still. They were real nice folks and reasonable.

definitely the way to go or take a road trip up and pick up some other gear to gotta get that new stuff for the spring great people up

Anybody On the west end of the Lake with cannons......I suggest Tony's reel repair ( Certified Cannon repair site) in Orchard Park. He fixes all kids of reels,Cannon riggers, and trolling motors. Just had my Cannons gone through for this season. Great guy and has been doing it for a long time.....