$10,000 In cash and prizes

Guest ReelDiel
Roy,

You are correct this tournament is a hospitality function and will not affect the outcome of the Niagara County Pro Am what so ever. It is a thank you for those who stay with us each season as our function is one day only and will be concluded Sat evening and details will be announced soon. Contrary to popular belief there are still docks available in Wilson please try Mike Moyer at 716-870-3290. The State Park docks are available as well. There are no shots being taken here, be advised this event is for appreciation only and there is no ill will towards Olcott or any other Harbor. Lets leave the grapevine talk just that. Still further anyone who has reserved a slip in Wilson will be accommodated. My hope is that a select few don’t put a negative spin on a good thing.

Regarding the Sabres tournament I ask one Question would it be possible some charter captains were already booked?

For any of those that have been refused dockage due to no availability and / or those who are docked else ware you are still cordially invited to spend time in Wilson as there will be prizes and giveaways available to you as well as eats and great hospitality. Please e-mail us for details.

Lets act as adults and give this a break most of us finished High School Already. If there is the need for information please call or write with out an alias. Use your real name there is no reason to hide.

Kevin

Kevin, Great job on all your effort to put something like this together. Even though I am unable to fish the Pro/Am's I can appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes into this kind of undertaking. You will always have the jealous types that don't appreciate a good thing. Maybe some people in Olcott are jealous they will be missing the boat......or 2. Small town politics at its best!

Not to stick my 2 cents in where it doesn't belong, but why get upset if Wilson has a tourney for those slipped there? Why not get upset that Olcott doesn't? Seems like a few guys are misdirecting their frustration.

Is their some sort of rivalry between these two towns/ports? If so.....rivelrys sure aren't anything new. I think your a little off track small fry accusing Wilson into luring boaters away from Olcott. As you stated, Marinas in Wilson are full.....thay don't need to do that and IMO that accusation is is a little out of line.

I say a big thumbs up to Kevin and the Wilson gang!! They have raised the bar and hopefully other towns/ports will follow suit.

Olcott does have a Tourney, maybe you have heard of it, it is called the Niagara Pro-Am. Yep that is the same Pro-Am that Wilson backed out of when the going got tough and decided not to invest manpower or money in. The Newfane Business Assoc. stepped up and commited money and manpower to keep it going and build it to the biggest Pro-Am on the lake, oh and by the way they even let boats from Wilson fish in it.

Yep that's the same Pro-Am that worked with Wilson this year to make the tourney better for everyone, to the point that when Wilson said they couldn't put it together in time they offered the use of their infastructure to help them. Wilson refused and bowed out.

Kevin's great effort amounts to using the advertising, manpower, and infastructure of the Pro-Am to do all the heavy lifting while he just hands out prizes, neat trick, oh and by the way you can't fish out of the Newfane Marina and participate.

After years of talking with Wilson and always getting the same reply, we want to benifit from the tourney we just don't want to do any of the work, I wouldn't be suprised to see this effort to undermine the Pro-Am backfire on the folks in Wilson. Too bad, if eveyone worked together it could be an even better Tourney.

As a sponsor of many events through the years related to Lake Ontario a certain cautiousness presents itself from a sponsor when choosing which events to back. It seems the days of handing over dollars or product and having it received to the fullest are over. Some gets pocketed here some dispersed over there. I am certainly ignorant to the logistics and or politics involved when it comes to larger scale involvement like what it takes to create or maintain a coveted Pro/Am. However with a more serious involvement like what Kevin is throwing up for dibs I would protect my investment just as he is doing. To make it perfectly clear I have been happy with the promotion A-TOM-MIK has received from each of the 4 Pro/Ams, but I also took it upon myself to create a way to personally hand out the prizes I am offering. There is just too much trust involved to say, "Here is 10 Grand for the Niagara Pro/Am, do me justice".

To add some flare of this intensity should be applauded, it's not as easy of a chore as noted to accrue a prize structure of 10 grand. You would be a fool not to hedge a bet like this, it's to the point of ingenious what Kevin is doing, it's sort of sad there is any negativity around at all. As a business owner looking for longevity, "creativeness can be key", it's a tough gig to maintain the interest needed to survive in many businesses.

Threats towards this backfiring and such shouldn't be the case, be happy the interest has been taken !! We are all here to continually look forward to each season, competing and enjoying a "second to none fishery" should be the thought. Hopefully this will work itself out, its a great thing !!

Tom

Jesus people, if you don't want to fish the tournament, don't... but stop the complaining under anonymous names. This reminds me of all the charter boats that complain after each pro-am about the rules because they broke them (read that as CHEATED).

It's an opportunity to win some money fishing... either enjoy it or shut up.

I won't be able to make the tournament, but have nothing but good things to say about the wilson boatyard and it's marina. I've been there the last three or four years for a week or two each year and it's a class act and by far the nicest fishing marina I've seen on the Big O.

Nick

Unfortunately the direction of this thread continues to get very personal towards a single individual and it appears that a very small number of folks are attempting to hijack the thread while putting a negative spin on it for whatever reason.

Frankly, I must begin by saying that I admire the passion and desire that “smallfryâ€

Come on, who cares IF there is some hard feelings between Olcott and Wilson. The money Wilson is put up benifits the fisherman and thats the way it should be. Let the politions fix their own problems. Fishing is all about having fun and when you take the fun out you only hurt yourself and the kids. This is not what we want our children to see as a tournament. Sure you fish hard to win, we all do but ya gotta have fun before the tournament, during the tournament and after the tournament. My name is Howie, my boat is Git-R-Done and I think Wilson is doing a nice thing. I like Olcott. It is well operated, clean and a nice place to launch. I take nothing away from Wilson, I use to launch there back in the 80.s. Lets have some fun and I wish everyone good luck this year.

Play safe and take a kid fishing.

Olcott does have a Tourney, maybe you have heard of it, it is called the Niagara Pro-Am.

Your right Fishhawk....sorry, I worded my phrase incorrectly. BTW....don't hold back, why not tell us how you really feel... :D

First off FISHHAWK...It probably would have been easier to cut and paste! Anyways..... exonerate me for being trivial. I actually can't believe I am responding to this post. Forgive me for my ignorance and trying to steal your thunder! As I sit here and try to interpet where you are actually going with this leaves me absolutley speechless! Once again it appears that a select few are drawing a line in the sand and turning this into some sort of competetion. I must say that if Olcott is magnanimous enough to put together a "side bet" restricted only to Olcott berthed boats and it makes the "tourney" stronger I say great job! Sounds like a positve to me! Unfortunately I am only one opinion. Anything to help the exsisting event is a positive no matter what! Don't want to beat a dead horse here but it is more than just Kevin! It is quite obvious he is doing quite well in running his marina, however, I am quite confident that he is not able to independently subsidize this. It is a number of businesses involved working together to enhance what already exsists. Some just insist on making this personal for obvious reasons. Again. it seems to be falling on deaf ears to a select few as Wilson has made every effort to include all participants in in their ideas, unfortunately, they have not had much response. Except for "give us your money and sponsor information"! As I attempted to stress in my latter post: perhaps folks are barking up the wrong tree and should funnel their frustrations and anger in a different direction! I am sure this can go on forever with some puttting their spin on it, however, I am confident that things will progrees positively and the tourney will remain unharmed and stronger! Good luck!

Fishhawk,

Just my two cents (and now together with $9999.98 in cash and prizes you too can put together a side tournament for Olcotts deserving anglers!).

I really appreciate the compliments by all those of you support "us" to the rest I don’t really think you know me well enough to make this thread so personal. At this time it is only fair to say I am a very small part of this event and from my standpoint credit should be offered to the rest of the participants and sponsors. I think it is fair to say those that oppose this event do not, wouldn’t and have not patronized Wilson in any way shape or form. I think it is fair to say those crying foul are those individuals upset they lack control or in this case cant have everything for them selves. (Are you guys the same ones that chastised Wilson for developing their own pen rearing program?)

Gentleman as I politely said before if you have something to say, concerns etc feel free to pick up the phone call to discuss the issues as men and for god sakes use your REAL name as I sign mine to every post. Until then I continue to support the fishery and the Niagara County Pro Am and will continue to donate my entry fee each year we are "allowed" to fish this prestigious event. I thank those who continue to work hard on the tournament. Rest assured I will continue to patronize Newfane Businesses each year I make the treck to Olcott for the Captains meeting on Friday,and weigh-ins both Saturday and Sunday as all of us regardless of "which harbor were from will do". I really do think its time to put this to rest........and concentrate your efforts elsewhere.

Thanks,

Kevin

Guest ReelDiel

Had Olcott put together a side Tourney and restricted it to Olcott Berthed boats only I can only imagine the warm response from Wilson.

Are you serious???? Are you familar with any other major type fishing tournaments..namely B.A.S.S. or FLW. When Ranger Boats created a side tourney to every event that if you fished out of a Ranger and won you got a cash back bonus, guess what happened.... all the other boat manufactures FOLLOWED SUIT. Guess who made out in the end, everyone sponsors, anglers, tournaments. So if this is so devastating to Olcott, you should head up the side tourney for Olcott next year. I can see it now:

Spring LOC Side Tourney:

Catch the Winning Salmon on an NK spoon and win an extra $250.**

** Screw it catch it on a NK, Dreamweaver or Stinger and NK will still give you $250.

Over the last many years the businesses and private indviduals of the Town of Newfane have donated their time,money and products towards the Niagara Pro-Am. Didn't matter if you docked out of Wilson or Olcott, these people just wanted to make the tourney as rewarding to all fisherman not just a select few! The same ones will be doing the same this years as in the past wether you are Yanks fan or a Sox fan you will be included in the event!! Good luck to all that participate in the up comin Pro-Am. Have fun and be safe!