I was due for a good run after the last few resulting in smaller numbers and smaller fish.  Out solo and started setting lines at 130fow.  60 rigger and 70 rigger with a mix of DW and Warrior spoons, and 150 setting 1 dipsy with a green SD/Atommik fly combo.  Blank screen and did not move a rod until 190fow.  Fairly constant 46 degrees on the 70 rigger for the whole evening.  What ended up being my biggest fish of the year nailed the cheater on the 60 rigger.  Ripped out almost 400 feet of line before I was able to start turning it around.  That turned out to be a 24lb king, but midfight, the dipsy rod started hammering.  Had to leave it until I finally got the big king in.  Didn't weigh that one but it was a mid-teens king as well.  Both released slowly and they did swim away after some time.  Satisfied, I turned around and was treated with a blank screen and no movement until 120 where I dropped one fish on the 70 rigger. Brought in a small steelhead a short time later on that same rigger on the cheater.  Quality, not quantity.  And I don't like doubles on a solo run. 

post-147840-0-11190900-1406081935_thumb.jpg

post-147840-0-52396300-1406081979_thumb.jpg

WTG Mad Perry!

Nothing like a trip when it's just you, the tranquility of the lake, and the fish. Personally, I love the challenge of a solo double, especially when you're talking and swearing to yourself the whole time.

Thanks for sharing your awesome report,

Chris

Mad you should be proud of doing a double solo.... That to me is the ultimate Multitask when you can keep the boat somewhat straight and boat two Kings solo.... I tell everybody you think your a good fisherman go by yourself sometime and try it.... I absolutely love doing a double fishing solo.. Keep up the good work...

Frankly I love fishing solo for that reason and I have done one triple solo, thank goodness none of the fish were crazy enough or were all majors that it was a problem. But swearing and hollering the hole time. Once had a double, while talking on my cell phone the whole time. Multi tasking is the name of the game! Glad for your evening and a 24lber is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ill admit that after that second fish was swimming again, I had a big smile on my face. If that second king had taken the other rigger, I think i would have had a mess on my hands. Fortunately did not have a tangle with all that going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app