Seneca, We're back, 8/19

Well, had my first trip back with the new engine. Must have hit it right. Left dock at 3:30 with one of my favorite groups. Started hitting them instantly. Limited out in a little over two hours. Flasher fly on riggers and dipsy. E chips pulling Atommik hammers and crazy bi+c$ fly. Working middle of lake. Kept it fairly close to home. Didn't need to run too far compared to usual. Spoons did some action up high. Water temps are off.. No severe difference in land over ball speed this trip. North troll was best but produced on all directions.

Great to be back, missing Aruba though!

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-145590-14085007898952_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14085008064043_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14085008394608_thumb.jpg

WTG Nick :yes:  and good to see the engine problems appear gone....you've sure paid your dues on that. I'm having a hard time remembering better fishing results at this time of the year on Seneca as many years it has not been this great  into August.

Sure did! Thanks guys.

Did three charters in Aruba. One deep sea and two bottom fishing trips. A blast. Caught bonito, rainbow runners, yellowtail snapper, grouper, lizard fish, barracuda...

Nice report Nick! Congrats on having your boat back on the water. I haven't fished since the end of July some time, so it's good to hear the fishing has picked up on the south end. Seems all my big jobs wound up Aug - Oct, so other than tourny's I won't get to see much fishing any time soon. 

Theresa sold your client's their license's yesterday. They were in the County Clerks Office explaining how they always look forward to fishing with you. Theresa came home and said " I sold license's to a group that's fishing a charter with Nick. Did he fix his boat already?"  When I told her you had it fixed before leaving for Aruba she said "Wow, that didn't take long."  Can't ask for better client's, or a better trip than that!  Nice job all around! 

Thanks guys. Yeah, Jason they told me she was talking to them about fishing. They said she was super nice and expressed great interest in fishing.