RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 2014 Aug 22 - Sep 1

I think we hit the 560 water too late today. I think you were headed in about 11:45 when we spotted you underway. We made the mistake  of not going right out there and screwing around in shallower until about the time you were on your way in. Live and learn :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I think we hit the 560 water too late today. I think you were headed in about 11:45 when we spotted you underway. We made the mistake of not going right out there and screwing around in shallower until about the time you were on your way in. Live and learn :lol:

Yeah we spent way too much time in shallow as well. Today we will be forced to stay shallow.

I think we hit the 560 water too late today. I think you were headed in about 11:45 when we spotted you underway. We made the mistake of not going right out there and screwing around in shallower until about the time you were on your way in. Live and learn :lol:

we went out of Sandy creek and found a good twmp break 70' down over 250' went from 65 degrees down to 56. Fish were all over it we dropped more than we boated includong 2 screamers. We went 8 for 18 boated a few nice steelies and a couple skippy kings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What a mess.

Rigger screamed... On it, reel down, big king launches himself out of the water and goes NUTS!

Screams to one side of the boat and under the dipseys, then to the other side under the dipseys and at the front of the boat and then under CRAP!

Tried getting him back out from under and the main spoon snags the trolling bag... #$@!$!!

I can see she's a real big girl and yell to Theresa to grab the rod. I pull up the bag and started to get the hook out and she took off, SNAP! There goes my swivel ;(

SHE'S RIGHT THERE! Theresa yells and I look back to see a massive king laying sideways just behind our swim platform. I grab the net from Theresa but she was just too far away. We slam it in neutral hoping to drift back to her, but she's drifting too fast. We start pulling lines and turning using the gulls as a marker... but couldnt find her again ;(

Then the 220 dipsey started rippin...

Yeah, I  would take embarrassment over boredom any time!  Love the story, I thought that those big tangles only happen to me. ( LOL) How much gear did you send to Davy Jones locker?