cause im an honnest man and a fisherman

yes most of us knows its a bad deal

but some may not know that a boat that size

to put a main motor on it is way over 20k

should i have let an innocent fisherman get played  NO

maybe i didnt use the right choice of words on my reply

but i hope in helped someone

thefrenchman

A advert is what it states your adverse comment has no place in a for sale add . If you don't agree with the add that's ok but don't interfere with the guys sale.

Edited by bigblue

To the Frenchman, I respect the thought that you were looking out for the welfare of the not so knowledgeable folks in the boat buying scene, but like posted above everyone has the right to sell their boat as is, even if its short of a crime, and of the expense of the buyer because he or she didn't know any better. I've learned a lot over the years of posting, not all of us are on the same page. Between the tree huggers, pelt petters, and fish kissers, you just have to swallow hard think what you want and just look the other way

Ya if we keep looking the other way we will become Russia , watch what you say etc. 1st amendment, tell the truth. I would be very happy if someone pointed it out to me, hey have your wife go to a car dealer with a check engine light and then come home with a $1500 bill and it was only the gas cap. OK let's all mind our own business until we pay $15 a gallon for gas OHHHHH quiet that the way it is.

Ya if we keep looking the other way we will become Russia , watch what you say etc. 1st amendment, tell the truth. I would be very happy if someone pointed it out to me, hey have your wife go to a car dealer with a check engine light and then come home with a $1500 bill and it was only the gas cap. OK let's all mind our own business until we pay $15 a gallon for gas OHHHHH quiet that the way it is.

:yes:  :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh judging what a boat is worth by a few words in an ad.Sorry missed the part that said "price set in stone". Did you get a complete list of the electronics,how many hours on the kicker motor,one hour run time you say?Brand new tires,brakes completely overhauled you say.Brand new batteries,new downriggers,rods ,reels ,tackle etc. The boat looked like the day it was purchased...Did you see the boat in person or talk to me??? Did ya even see a picture .Nope,thought you would be the champion of the people and throw around false accusations ,criminal intent LOL, just a wolf waiting to rip the old lady for all she is worth. Next time I suggest actually seeing the article in question in person.Talking to the seller,finding out whats what so to speak. Hey for all you knew it was left to me in a will by a dying relative and I had absolutely no idea of its value.

Wow,Russia ,dishonest mechanics,nice company you have me lumped in with.Judge , jury AND executioner

If I listed it for $1,500 would you be as quick to point that out to me??? 

Edited by Bleve

The PM feature on this website is your friend. Over the years I have voiced my opinions and shared information with a private message......  keeps the $hit storms to a minimum..

Absolutely JD but when the original posters real mandate is to tell everyone what a wonderful person he is then a PM just wouldn't work for him.

Following me from forum to forum telling everyone how he was just a humble "honest" man looking out for the welfare of the weak minded. He was willing ,and I quote to be the "black sheep" and take one for the "innocent" fisherman. Even going as far to say a 200 HP motor would be worth "way over 20K"....in what universe.Trying to convince a few drama queens that someone looking for a boat in that class would have nooooooo idea its value and absolutely nooooo idea what a motor would be worth. In this day and age knowing the value of anything is quite simple to determine. It all begins with actually seeing the article in question.

Asking a few questions and getting to know the owner. I have been involved with tournament fishing for 30 years,mention my name and some of the false accusations that have been tossed around and see where that gets you. 

For the record my boat sold,quite quickly I might add, for $21K to a guide who has been running the lakes for the last 35 years. He actually took the time to LOOK at the boat before making a decision. Rather than read an ad and try to sully my reputation for their own benefit.

The internet is a great tool ,unfortunately it can also be used by those just looking for attention at the expense of others.

Edited by Bleve

Most people buy boats on impulse.I bought mine and paid the price.Luckly the judge ruled in my favor and the seller had to cover the repairs.Small claims court works,i got the max judgement plus interest.

If you buy any used boat,i would call a certified marine inspector and pay the few hundred.It will save you alot of uneeded  pain.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.