Reversible Backrest seat?

JakeyBaby

I am trying to find a seat for my boat that you can easily flip the backrest around. Mine are currently stationary side gunwale mounted so you can really only use the seat facing the bow. Would be nice to easily flip the Co pilot seat so someone can watch rods without going home with a sore neck! Anyone know of any thing like this. I did find one located in the UK but shipping would make it not even worth buying I'm sure.

This what I got...

post-148213-14242811363646_thumb.jpg

How about one of those ball bearing swivels plates used on a portable seat like used in a smaller boat or on a TV swivel stand. It's 2 flat plates together with ball bearings in between. Looks like you could mount it on seat with a board & make it work with your seat & not look like a redneck barn job! or take the back off & make it like the other.

Edited by lineman49

Pedestals would be great but if you look close in the pic there is a step down between the motor hatch and the door for the cabin( where your feet would be. That being said I'm thinking there would be a big gap from the seat to the wheel even if it did slide.

I would say custom, spend it once and get what you want the way you want it. Sure you may be able to find a seat that is "OK" but you always have to say to yourself if I only spent X I would be happy for many years to come. Being happy would justify a custom built seat