First lakers

Took my father and the little man out on the ice of Keuka lake this morning with hopes of catching there first lakers. Mission accomplished! Drilled the first hole to check the depth and immediately had fish and bait on the screen. Teddy was overwhelmed with excitement. We set up the shanty and dropped a line. Took some work to get the first one hooked up. The drag was ripping and the ultra light was bent. I handed the rod over to the little man and let him work it in. Laughing and giggling with excitement we got it through the hole. After that it was all up to him to get the next ones. And he did. 4 more to fill his limit. Definitely a great day to remember!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-153364-14252428065285_thumb.jpg

post-153364-1425242829622_thumb.jpg

post-153364-14252428523023_thumb.jpg

Took my father and the little man out on the ice of Keuka lake this morning with hopes of catching there first lakers. Mission accomplished! Drilled the first hole to check the depth and immediately had fish and bait on the screen. Teddy was overwhelmed with excitement. We set up the shanty and dropped a line. Took some work to get the first one hooked up. The drag was ripping and the ultra light was bent. I handed the rod over to the little man and let him work it in. Laughing and giggling with excitement we got it through the hole. After that it was all up to him to get the next ones. And he did. 4 more to fill his limit. Definitely a great day to remember!

That trip will be remembered by him for a life time. Thanks for taking a kid fishing, that one laker he is holding looks like it might have been a challenge for him!!! Congrats to the whole crew,,,

Worth the trip. Wouldn't suggest the state park on a weekend. The place was packed. We left to find a more secluded area. From the boat launch we countrd 79 shantys at 8:00 a.m. Not counting the people who weren't using them.

i agree it looks like shanty town out there now!

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app