Looking Ahead- Retirement

Sitting at home on the last, hopefully, frigid day of the year, I'm thinking about fishing and retirement in a few years.  Living in PA, I'm planning on some extended stays on the boat for a week or two at a time.  I've never seen it discussed, but have any of you spent extended periods living on your boat?  It has a heated cabin, cuddy, stove and sink.  Any insights into what you do to make the stay more comfortable or convenient?  Do you sit out the rough days, for calmer waters?  Any conveniences that you deem necessary?  Just trying to plan ahead and daydream.

Find a nice marina  that has all things you need. Food, water, showers, entertainment, fisherman to cackle too, etc.

Already have that Bruce.  I'm moored at Wilson with all the amenities.  Very nice marina.  I will need to find a laundromat nearby.  Bunch of great guys there, on weekends anyway.  Just wondering what I might be missing for an extended stay to make it more convenient and hospitable.

I know of a few people that stay in Oswego at Wright's Landing they have public restrooms and docks with electric. You can also find some nice seasonal campgrounds in that area if you would rather stay in a camper or trailer.

Oswego has the convenience of everything you need almost within walking distance to the marina. Gas, food ,hardware etc. Wrights landing has water, electric, cable showers, and fish cleanin for 1500 per season, any size boat. My second home.

What Pete said. 

I stay there just about all season and there is no shortage of  :beer:  on "Red Dock". Until Gray shows up! :lol:

Oswego has the convenience of everything you need almost within walking distance to the marina. Gas, food ,hardware etc. Wrights landing has water, electric, cable showers, and fish cleanin for 1500 per season, any size boat. My second home.

I know of a few people that stay in Oswego at Wright's Landing they have public restrooms and docks with electric. You can also find some nice seasonal campgrounds in that area if you would rather stay in a camper or trailer.

I'm pretty happy at Wilson.  It has showers, water, electric and cable TV in addition to weekend entertainment and some great bands and a very secure area.  While I'm paying quite a bit more per year, having salmon available from May to September is nice.  In Oswego, I hear the salmon may not show up until June or July most years.  While I can't walk to food or hardware stores, they are only a mile or two away.  Of course, your brown trout fishing looks remarkable early on.  Still contemplating whether to consider a camper in lieu of staying on the boat every night.  Thanks for the information and insights.  Keep them coming!

Having a camper in a nice campground is nice, we have a camper in the Black River Camp Grounds, during the week it's quiet but weekends get a little busy, we usually come up Sunday and stay till Saturday noon we pack up head home, with the price of fuel just makes sence to make it a week, we travel 250 miles to get there, just a suggestion.