Finger lakes Tribs?

All the fish have already been snagged, netted, harpooned, and clubbed.. Better luck next year

and they are muddy too!!! p.s. lake trout wont win that stupid derby.LOL

Edited by steelydan

Better getting while you can , looking to pass a law to close ALL finger lakes tribes ,for 2 to 4 years. Sounds like a good law CPR from mid April till JUNE , Then open again in the fall for 3 or 4 weeks. CPR=catch and release.

I know it would hurt some good businesess that somewhat depend on the Trib fishing but I can't seem to think of anything better right now than to close the streams down for a while . Take some time to rethink current practice. I for one wouldn't mind just watching a pool of trout in a fingerlakes stream for a couple of years. Maybe have no fish zones in some of the majors tribes. Time to take action.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Im not sure that the creek is totally dead, I haven't seen the recent survey numbers but I would say theres still life in that and many other finger lakes tribs.  Could there be more done to improve habitat for natural reproduction, always, and with the budget stuff mentioned and the lack there of, I wont go there.  I was actually surprised when I stopped by last week after the flea market that the digger dam was completely gone, I know its been years since I was last there to see it, but it was actually kinda strange telling some guys standing there looking over the power station hole what the hole use to look like.  In the end though you would be surprised what the fry and parr can do to survive, if they can locate some oxygen and 70 degree water with some good gravel theyll make it to the lake.  With the slimy green stuff probably not.  Don't get me wrong, Im not disagreeing with you, but I think throwing in the towel is not the right choice.  Theres many great ideas out there, we should listentoallofthem.  We will however have to accept in the short term either a reduction in what we catch or go after.  If we don't, one thing is certain, the numbers are not going to increase on their own.  We will then see a reduction but will be at a higher cost because we didn't react soon enough.