Seneca 4-8

Rain, rain and rain.

Setup up right out of the chute on the south end in 90FOW. Marked a lot of fish in the 40-60' area. Ran a rainbow of colors of FLT spoons and a couple of cranks. No takers, so we went up the east line along the painted rocks, keeping it between 125-175FOW. Had 2 knock offs at the 90 foot rigger on an orange/pink FLT spoon.

As soon as the water cleared, the fish weren't there. Trolled up to the falls, marked a bunch of little fish in the mud water coming out there, but no takers.

Ended the day on the south again, going back and forth in 90-120FOW where we were marking fish. No takers. The water temp ranged from 36.5 to 41 degrees.

Wtg,

Do you have a trollmaster? Some times on my deep rigger with knot offs i'll hit the MTF ,gets the slack out of the line and helps hooking up. But with just two maybe it was just noway of hooking up.

Thanks for the report.

Wtg,

Do you have a trollmaster? Some times on my deep rigger with knot offs i'll hit the MTF ,gets the slack out of the line and helps hooking up. But with just two maybe it was just noway of hooking up.

Thanks for the report.

I have a controllking. Thanks for the advice. We got on the poles quick and reeled it up. It seemed like they were just nibbling today. Lazy fish!

I think you'll find that happening  quite a bit with the very cold water temps They are not into expending any more energy than they have to at this point so they may be just swiping at it and saying the heck with chasing :lol:

I have a controllking. Thanks for the advice. We got on the poles quick and reeled it up. It seemed like they were just nibbling today. Lazy fish!

I power reel with rod still in holder most times with these lite biters also . Somes times this will work also.... but the MTF gets the slack line out the fastest IMHO.

Rain, rain and rain.

Setup up right out of the chute on the south end in 90FOW. Marked a lot of fish in the 40-60' area. Ran a rainbow of colors of FLT spoons and a couple of cranks. No takers, so we went up the east line along the painted rocks, keeping it between 125-175FOW. Had 2 knock offs at the 90 foot rigger on an orange/pink FLT spoon.

As soon as the water cleared, the fish weren't there. Trolled up to the falls, marked a bunch of little fish in the mud water coming out there, but no takers.

Ended the day on the south again, going back and forth in 90-120FOW where we were marking fish. No takers. The water temp ranged from 36.5 to 41 degrees.

What speeds were you running?

Wind from the east, the fish bite the least. I have an above average # of knock offs on my suttons. Maybe just me but the hooks look a little small. This is only in winter with cold water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United