Fishing Charter

My travels will be taking me to E. Falmouth , Mass this summer (cape Cod). Can anyone recommend any fishing charters in that area or within an hours drive. Also what would we be fishing for. I am not familiar with the area at all. Or any other "fishing" type activity ideas are welcomed, ie: lobster boat tour,whale watch,etc,etc.

New regulations have pretty much killed the haddock and cod fishing, but stripers and blue fish, as well as sea bass should be active.  Lots of good charters to choose from and they all pretty much use the same stuff and go to the same areas.  The only one I am familiar with for the inshore fishing is Doubled-up Charters - I am sure that there are many other good ones, but I can only attest to this one.  Friends have gone with him and have had a great time.

Hope this helps.

While you are there and if you have time check  out the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute and take the ferry to Nantuckett

While you are there and if you have time check  out the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute and take the ferry to Nantuckett

My family goes to the Cape every year. We visited the Wood's Hole area two years ago and it was superb. It's a marine community and you can learn a lot. There is also a boat that you can take out called the "Hands on Discovery Cruise" which is great for kids.

I'm not up on any good charters out of the cape, but give the Goose Hummock tackle shop a call in Orleans and I'm sure they can give you the local low down on a good charter.

Have fun in the Cape - it's one of my favorite places on earth!

Chris