Iron Duke Trolling Flies

Great looking flies and nice job on the website Mike.  Those flies and your business are sure to endure for a long time. It should be obvious to folks and prospective customers that your flies as well as you are the "real deal" and the result of experienced fishing. Best of luck but with quality like that you won't need it :):yes:

As lure manufacturer's we don't use anything but our products during tournaments, but when we get to "play", and while testing our new dodgers we certainly check out other products. We own several Iron Duke Trolling Flies, however our favorite is the " Fighting Irishmen"!

Nice work Mike! Quality product.

Great looking flies and nice job on the website Mike. Those flies and your business are sure to endure for a long time. It should be obvious to folks and prospective customers that your flies as well as you are the "real deal" and the result of experienced fishing. Best of luck but with quality like that you won't need it[emoji2]:yes:

Thanks guys appreciate it very much.. That Irishmen is one of my go too's .. Should have a few new items added to the website soon..

Mike

As lure manufacturer's we don't use anything but our products during tournaments, but when we get to "play", and while testing our new dodgers we certainly check out other products. We own several Iron Duke Trolling Flies, however our favorite is the " Fighting Irishmen"!

Nice work Mike! Quality product.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just ordered a couple! Look great and nice colors!

One suggestion on the website is that once you add a fly to cart have a continue shopping button so you don't have to flip back... Not sure if it's there on a desktop because I was ordering on my phone.. Thanks!!!

Just ordered a couple! Look great and nice colors!

One suggestion on the website is that once you add a fly to cart have a continue shopping button so you don't have to flip back... Not sure if it's there on a desktop because I was ordering on my phone.. Thanks!!!

Ok thanks for the input.. I will definitely look into it

Today's hot combo on Cayuga the Glow Green Flash, Iron Duke Trolling Fly filled the boat. Sean

Awesome combo!! Love how the Seneca special SD and fly share some colors! One of my favorite SD's

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Today's hot combo on Cayuga the Glow Green Flash, Iron Duke Trolling Fly filled the boat. Sean

Great combo Sean.. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.ironduketrollingflies.com

Mike

Awesome combo!! Love how the Seneca special SD and fly share some colors! One of my favorite SD's

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

• 3 weeks later...

These flys worked great this weekend on Cayuga. UV extravaganza really boated the Lakers this weekend. The one thing that helped this weekend was a little longer lead with the stained water. These flies pop with vibrancy when placed in the water, thanks Mike!

Thanks John.. The UV Extravaganza Fly has definitely been getting it done this year.. We here appreciate all your feed back and as well as your sharing with others about our flies.. I do need to get some video or pics of this fly in the water because it is quite different from most trolling flies.. Definitely has its own unique look when that early morning sun lights it up... Thanks Again

Mike

http://www.ironduketrollingflies.com

1e1e41d45e59eabda6969c35170c3d42.jpg

We had an alewife in the boat the other day and the side of it looked exactly like the UV fly. The fly certainly explodes with a vibrant light when it hits the water. It would be great to see it on a high def camera..

Hi there, a couple suggestions coming from the angle of someone who kinda does, but kinda does not know what they are doing.

First, it would be helpful to show what is included with the rigged flies.  The pics of the rigged and unrigged flies are the same, so it's not entirely clear what is included with the rigged flies, or what is needed to be added to the unrigged flies to fish them.  Some people (me included) may not be as experienced with rigging these.

Second, a simple cartoon-type schematic of typical setup would be helpful to show suggested uses; e.g., rod to planer to snap weight (or dipsy etc) to fly.  rod to dipsy to snubber to leader to fly.  rod to downrigger etc.

Thanks!

Not a problem at all... Matter of fact great idea... I'm a rookie to website building so am still working on getting everything the way it should be but I can definitely see where your coming from and hopefully by the end of the week I will have it updated so everyone can see the difference between unrigged and rigged and I will try to get up a set up tutorial as well.. Thanks for the suggestions

Mike

Stop over check out this new fly Mike made per my request any suggestions on new flies talk to Mike he will make what u need!!!!!

Added that one to my order last night! cant wait to try them out... FYI the rigged pictures convinced me to buy them rigged over un-rigged.

Thank you very much... I appreciate the kind words.. We definitely put a bit more material in our flies than most.. We try putting out a quality product that meets not only the customers needs but the fishes needs as well lol..

Thanks again

Mike

Edited by Iron Duke

• 5 months later...

Guys, I got flies unrigged, I was told to go to Bill Saiff web site and he shows you how to tie the tournament style fly. It takes a few watches and pauses till you get the hang of it. He also uses a welded treble and it's important to have your line in certain spots, like the flat side on a welded hook, and how to add the beads and where to place them. Then the added secret trailer hook and what size. It's the best video I've found for all the little bits and pieces in making the perfect fly!! Look him up you won't be sorry!! PAP.