OAK ORCHARD MONTHLY TOURNAMENT---AUGUST EDITION

Here is the OFFICIAL Announcement for the Oak Orchard Monthly Fishing Tournament---August edition. Last month we had 14 teams competing for $1260 in prize money and we were able to pay out three places. Hopefully, this tournament will be big enough to allow us to pay out 5 places. Proceeds from this tournament will go directly to the ProAm fund to benefit the tournament and all of the local businesses that support it. All prizes will be paid in CASH and payouts will be based on the number of entries. We MUST have a minimum of ten boats for the event to go off so get your entries in today.

Charter boats as well as rec boats are encouraged to participate. Since only three fish can be weighed in ANY boat has as much chance to win as any one else. SPECIAL NOTE TO CHARTER CAPTAINS....the ones who look for ANY reason to NOT enter tournaments of this type---although the rules state you must be present to collect your winnings you can authorize another person to collect your winnings for you. Or, better still, involve your charter in the festivities and let THEM collect the prize.

If you cannot arrive in Oak Orchard until late Friday or early Saturday you can still get in by calling me at 716-390-0085.

Just as in the July Tournament, we are allowing boats from Sandy Creek ONLY to partcipate as well. However, you must still register and weigh in at Lake Breeze Marina in Oak Orchard.

OAK ORCHARD MONTHLY FISHING

TOURNAMENT

RULES

The rules are very simple:

Entry deadline is Saturday, August 16th at 6:30 AM and the entry fee is $100.00 per boat. You may register at Lake Breeze Marina, 4 C's Marina, Narby's or Captains Cove

---NO OBSERVERS---

---Only trout and salmon may be weighed in

---Heaviest 3 fish (one entry per team)

---No more than 3 fish in a cooler

---Fish must be caught on Saturday, August 16th

---Fish may not be altered in any way (such as adding weight)

Weigh in between 1 and 3:30 PM at Lake Breeze Marina with Awards Ceremony immediately following

---All awards will be paid in CASH!!

Winning entrants MUST be present at Awards Ceremony to win. If you cannot be present because of another charter or a prior committment you can authorize someone to collect your winnings for you.

See you on the water at the Oak this weekend. Good luck to everyone and remember.......YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T ENTER!

Paul

Free Spirit

Capt. Paul:

I appreciate your efforts on this. Just another great thing that the Oak

does that other ports just don't seem to want to bother with.

Here in Dunkirk, the powers that be decided to build an 8-10 shop

"boardwalk" right at the pier and took about 15 parking places

for the fisherman out, even though there are several other locations

very near the pier that would have been suitable for the boardwalk.

Go figure. And then they hear that the numbers using the public

ramp are down....can't imagine why.....

Anyway, we aren't coming up until the 17th so we miss this, but great

job. Maybe we'll catch you guys at the BNI.....

John

Maybe you can hit the next one John. We will be having another one day tournament on Saturday September 5th---Labor Day weekend.

That weekend will also include the John Visich Memorial Tournament followed on Tuesday by the One Man Tournament. Look for upcoming announcments on all the fun stuff we have planned.

Good luck guys and gals!

Paul

Free Spirit

Hi Paul,

We never did find out who won the tournament last month; we competed out of Sandy and we only had one decent fish that day, so we didn't weigh in. Could you post the results here? Thanks!

Gator, N'BN

I will post the results for this tourney on Sunday. I've been fishing every day since June 30th and my computer access has been rather limited. The only reason I'm posting now is that my wife forgot her laptop on my boat when she left Sunday....HA!

See everyone this weekend!

Paul