Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Good shoot! I got permission on the field I was hoping for. Gonna be a tough hide /setup as the birds are strung out along a several hundred yard flooded ditch in a short stubble field (with a little snow and I don't have snow covers for the layouts) and not really concentrated in one area of it. Gonna give it a shot though!

Edited by dawsonscreek
Posted

We put them down !! It was a real slow morning just 2 solos. Then at 11 it was like someone hit a light switch , they didn't stop flock after flock . Tip of the day , we didn't call 1 time the birds didn't want to hear a thing. IMG_20180310_063020.jpgIMG_20180310_083512.jpgIMG_20180310_095634.jpgIMG_20180310_120259.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Posted

Hope people like reading and following this tread ! Thanks to those who posted as well.
Now its the time to scout and prepare for next year.
I can't wait for the northern opener of ducks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Posted
1 hour ago, longspurs said:

Hope people like reading and following this tread ! Thanks to those who posted as well.
Now its the time to scout and prepare for next year.
I can't wait for the northern opener of ducks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app
 

:yes:

Posted (edited)

Hit the field early on Saturday morning, my work schedule only allows me afternoons and evening for scouting so I wasn’t sure when the birds were getting to the field.Turns out a bunch were roosting on the river adjacent to the field, they left roost when the sun was above the hill and we got a two pack that landed in the decoys.

 

Then a long wait till 11:00 and 3 dozen came back together and landed outside of the spread. Tried waiting them out hoping they’d walk into the spread but that didn’t happen.We both had to p*ss and every bird that came by was landing with the live birds so We flushed them out

. 

Then in the afternoon we finally had birds coming in again, all in pairs which was perfect for 2 shooters. I cleaned up 3 more and missed one, was shooting 100% on one shot till that miss! My buddy only ended up with one more, his gun malfuncted on 2 feet down birds that would have been dead, and also missed one out of the pair I missed. So, we at least shot at a limit, all in all a great day and good success for it being my first year targeting geese! 

3061F0E4-5E14-490F-820A-BD019A2A240E.jpeg

D10B239C-4BAF-4251-B735-A2DCB79D7B7B.jpeg

D43A0A01-D4F7-4680-9380-4B7C204D7BFE.jpeg

20F9439D-0370-4415-A5E2-DB02BF3E1E08.jpeg

Edited by dawsonscreek
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Found a roost spot with a couple thousand snows on it , I cant hunt the pond but I can hunt the field next to it. Would have shot alot if I could water swat them. They all got up at once and flew over. I went 6 for 6 and my buddy crippled 1 lol . IMG_20180327_092717.jpgIMG_20180327_063642.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Posted

Nice to see some one is on the snows  a couple weaks ago the birds were showing up then we got blasted with 2 feet of snow and all the geese left due to no feilds to feed in .Hoping for some warm weather and a few birds before its all over .

Posted
On 3/27/2018 at 4:23 PM, longspurs said:

Found a roost spot with a couple thousand snows on it , I cant hunt the pond but I can hunt the field next to it. Would have shot alot if I could water swat them. They all got up at once and flew over. I went 6 for 6 and my buddy crippled 1 lol . IMG_20180327_092717.jpgIMG_20180327_063642.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app
 

at least 1 of you shot good.  lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...