Sold / Closed Selling all my fishing tackle including tackle box with 100+ plugs and 100+ spoons, dodgers, spin doctors, easytroll2 downriggers, wille planer mast, dozens of rods and reels (mostly spinning)

Hi, I am selling all my fishing tackle. I am going through it now and I will post pictures and descriptions as I go. For now I have a huge tackle box with 100+ plugs and 100+ spoons, plus stainless tools, panfish stuff, etc. I also have an assortment of trolling dodgers, spin doctors, and squids and flies. I have 2 older Canon easy troll 2 manual downriggers with line counter at the reel, plus tab lock bases, canon swivel mounts, balls and holders, and releases. I have a Wille 6' planer mast with reels and some releases. I have a pile of fishing reels and rods that I am going through now and I will post details about them as I get through them. 

I am currently in Southern California but I will be returning to NY state for a little while early next year. I would prefer to sell in large packages or everything in one package, I don't really want to break things up too much. I may be able to sell and ship (paypal maybe?), but I haven't figured that out yet. I do have friends in Buffalo NY that may be able to help too. Anyway sorry but I figure I will gauge interest before I get too involved with how to make the transaction work. I am selling everything because I am moving out of the country next year.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by Hypermotard

Here are the details on my tackle box. 

- Umco (I think) 21" x 12" x 13" tackle box. It opens up to 3' wide! It has 8 trays with 94 compartments, and the tray dividers are removable. It also has a large area for storage under the trays and 2 clear storage boxes are included as well.
- 100+ plugs (lures) including Luhr Jensons, Rapalas, Rebels, etc, etc etc.
- 100+ spoons (lures) including Northern Kings, Dreamweavers, etc.
- A panfish assortment including floats, weights, hooks, spinners, etc.
- A stainless steel filet knife, pliers, and scissors with belt attachments.
- A 50lb fish scale.
- A Downeaster clamp on rod holder.
- Depth thermometer.
- Assorted hooks and terminal tackle.

DSCN2227.JPG

DSCN2235.JPG

DSCN2221.JPG

DSCN2228.JPG

DSCN2229.JPG

DSCN2226.JPG

DSCN2234.JPG

DSCN2220.JPG

DSCN2214.JPG

DSCN2230.JPG

DSCN2239.JPG

Here are the details on the dodgers, spin doctors, and flies.

- 9x Dreamweaver 8" Spin Doctors (5x are new and unopened)
- 6x Luhr Jenson Dodgers Size 0
- 2x Luhr Jenson Dodgers Size 00
- 4x Luhr Jenson Dodgers Size 000
- 1x Troll King Dodger Size 0000 
- 3x Luhr Jenson Dipsey Divers Size 1 (2 new and unopened)
- 3x Luhr Jenson Dipsey Divers Size 0 (2 new and unopened)
- 2x Luhr Jenson Mini Dipsey Divers
- a couple dozen trolling quids and flies.

Note: A couple of the dodgers might not be Luhr Jenson brand.

DSCN2141.JPG

DSCN2142.JPG

DSCN2143.JPG

DSCN2144.JPG

DSCN2145.JPG

DSCN2146.JPG

DSCN2147.JPG

DSCN2148.JPG

Here are the details on the downriggers.

2 Canon Easy Troll 2 manual downriggers, 2 rod holders, 2 Canon Low Profile Swivel Mounts, 2 Canon Tab Lock Bases, 2 downrigger weights and holders, and a handful of releases. The downriggers have 2' booms, stainless steel cable, and they have a digital line counter mounted next to the reel (see pic). Everything is in good condition and only used in fresh water. Some of the releases need new stainless leaders.

DSCN2134.JPG

DSCN2135.JPG

DSCN2136.JPG

Here are the details on the planer board mast.

Wille 6' tall planer board outrigger mast, a bolt on surface mount, a flush boat seat mount, and a handful 
of releases. The mast and reels are in good condition. I forgot to take a picture of the releases, however they are in poor condition and not worth much.

DSCN2149.JPG

DSCN2150.JPG

DSCN2139.JPG

Just now, Garbutt35 said:

How much for easy trolls and set up?

Sent from my LG-M210 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Please wait until I post the rods and reels, hopefully by tonight. I have to go through it all, most of this stuff has been in storage for 10 years. I would like to sell everything in one package but if that is not feasible I will sell separate packages. Thank you for your patience :)

Sorry no pics yet but I did take inventory. I had a few rods and reels that broke in storage so they are not on the list. This is a list of what I have, nothing is really standard Great Lake setups though. I am swamped because I am selling everything that I own to move overseas and I am working on my house now to get it prepared to put up for sale in a few weeks. It may be best for me to wait until I return to NY to try to sell everything. I am not sure how to sell long distance, but my fishing equipment isn't going to generate interest here in California. Anyway my current list of rods and reels are as follows, and condition varies and a few have had eyelets replaced.

Reels:

Fly:

Garcia Mitchell 758

Ultralight Spinning:

2x Shakespeare Sigma 025

Light Spinning:

2x Shakespeare Sigma Supra 035
1x Shakespeare Sigma Pro 035
1x Shakespeare Sigma 035
1x Shakespeare Sigma Pro 035 but missing drag cover and plastic cover on other side of crank
1x Mitchell 308A
2x Shakespeare 35

Medium Spinning:

3x Shimano 300Q
1x Penn 712Z
1x Shakespeare Sigma 2200 040

Heavy Spinning:

2x ABU Garcia Cardinal 658

Baitcasting type reels:

Penn Long Beach 60
Penn No 85
Penn 940 Levelmatic
Penn Peerless No 9

Rods:
8' 3 piece Shakespeare FY 12-R Flyrod
4'9" Fenwick Eagle Graphite Ultralight Spinning
5'2" Berkley Graphite Ultralight Spinning
4x 6' Ugly Stick Medium Action Spinning Rods
2x 7' Shimano Bull Whip Medium Action Spinning Rods
2x 8'6" Daiwa Eliminator Med/Hvy (12-30lb line) Spinning Rods
7'9" Mitchell Cascade Spinning Rod
6'6" Browning PT66W Baitcasting rod
Vintage ABU Garcia? 6'6" spinning rod
5'5" Abu Garcia Tracer baitcasting rod
6' Zebco Elipse spinning rod
5' Zebco Elipse spinning rod
5' Shakespeare Ranger spinning rod
7'6" vintage fiberglass custom rod with cork handle and slip rings so reel can mount anywhere on handle, possibly handmade.

I'm sorry people. I don't know how to take payments and I am not so sure about shipping. I am used to dealing with people in person so there are no misunderstandings. I think I will just close this ad and I will put everything up for sale again after I sell my house in California and get back to Buffalo, this way I can sell everything in person. If my house does not sell right away and I start selling on ebay or something then I will put it back up again at that time, but I have never sold anything and shipped it out. Thank you - John

AWWW man you sure went through a lot just to post this stuff, with no payment arrangements, could of done money orders or checks held them till they cleared, maybe not enough time for that, you could of went Fishnut's way and sold the deal lock, stock, and barrel?? All of guys waited patiently for this. Well maybe next time good luck with your move...

Most folks selling here either take payment through Paypal or keep the sales local and in person for cash. Take a look at the classified section for examples, particularly by Legacy and Silver Fox. They're both local charter captains that sell gear regularly.

Not a good practice 

If this were eBay I’d agree with you. But I’ve bought a lot of stuff on here with a check and PayPal and have never had issues. I think we have a great group on this sight, it’s like dealing with family. I for one would not have any issues. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

9 hours ago, Fishnut said:

If this were eBay I’d agree with you. But I’ve bought a lot of stuff on here with a check and PayPal and have never had issues. I think we have a great group on this sight, it’s like dealing with family. I for one would not have any issues. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You can just saying all ya want. I have been on this site long enough and although it is hardly ever there are PLENTY of bad stories... it is 2017 if you Plan to purchase things online via private party and don't protect yourself nobody should feel sorry for you.

It's cool guys. Whereas it might be ok to send a check for a small amount for a handful of lures or something it is not really wise to send a large check for a large assortment of equipment from someone that you do not know. I wasn't even worried about that, I was more worried that my opinion on the condition of my gear might not coincide with someone else's opinion. Most likely I will not sell much, if anything, out here in Southern California and it will be available once I get to Buffalo. Thank you for your kind thoughts :)

• Like 1