Green water, chocolate murky mudline? Lets talk about it

Ok so whats the deal with water clarity? Yesterday i trolled the shoreline with chocolate milk colored water for browns lots of marks and bait no takers. I moved out deeper to try to find better water clarity but it took forever and was way out in 40fow. Should i of stayed in shallow does water clarity really matter? I understand it does to an extent but should i of just kept cruising in shallow. Thanks in advance for any input!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Most years I'd kill for green water. Temperature is key, but water color makes a huge difference in how spooky the fish act. Slide out to that green water in 20-40 ft depths and you may be surprised by what nails your divers, even when they're close to the boat. I'd do that in a heartbeat over muddy shoreline.

• Like 1

Usually the best water for them is the edge of the colorline. You exploit it by trolling your stuff in and out of the edge itself rather than the colored water. Most fish don't like the muddy water. Take perch for example they usually won't be found in muddy water itself but murky water is what they like where it isn't crystal clear or muddy. There is usually a slight difference in the water temp at the edge of the mudline but if the chocolate stuff is real thick and muddy they won't be found there usually.

• Like 1

Usually the best water for them is the edge of the colorline. You exploit it by trolling your stuff in and out of the edge itself rather than the colored water. Most fish don't like the muddy water. Take perch for example they usually won't be found in muddy water itself but murky water is what they like where it isn't crystal clear or muddy. There is usually a slight difference in the water temp at the edge of the mudline but if the chocolate stuff is real thick and muddy they won't be found there usually.

Go green

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I like green water the best but as others have said a couple degree warmer water is the key if you move out deeper to fish it work the solid marks . Last trip to Oswego 1st day caught fish in tight to shore second day cold front from NE a new set of conditions caught all fish in 25 to 35 feet of water in the mouth of Oswego river where it was 4 degrees warmer near bottom .Caught kings ,coho and browns there could not buy a bight anywhere else .