Best electric filet knife, Bubba blade vs American angler pro?

• 2 weeks later...

Following. I have used the black and decker 9" for probly 4 seasons now and its been great. It was recommended to me over the Rapala or Mr Twister, by guys that cut 1000s of fish every year. but the new cordless bubba electric look pretty awesome

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, Drebs12 said:

Following. I have used the black and decker 9" for probly 4 seasons now and its been great. It was recommended to me over the Rapala or Mr Twister, by guys that cut 1000s of fish every year. but the new cordless bubba electric look pretty awesome

This was going to be my exact post except for I've been using my black and decker for at least 20+ years and its still the original set of blades. I've used it on every type of panfish, bass, pike, trout and who knows what else. The new Bubba cordless look very inviting but that sure is a lot of new fishing lures.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I like the American angler because it is so comfortable in ur hand for long periods of time. It is the best electric knife i have owned. Love the trigger and solid build.

To the point of Prof T and others, I know a few guys that fish commercially and they swear by the old sun beam, GE, etc. Very inexpensive at second hand stores and garage sales. They sure do last.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 1 year later...

I bought a plug in Bubba and it has worked flawlessly. Also a little less expensive than American Angler and extremely dependable and efficient. Also comes with 4 blades but I like the thin ones. I burned out several Mr Twisters and have used the Bubba for a year and had no issues. It doesn’t even get warm or bog down after doing 100 perch nonstop and I’ve never had to change a blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 7:12 AM, Prof T said:

Go to a garage sale, or look on ebay, for a good old sunbeam or GE. You'll be surprised. Been my go to for 30 years as I watch my buddies burn up some high dollar alternatives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was just going to post the same thing. I bought a Sunbeam bread knife 15-18 years ago at Wal Mart. In my area we have the largest Atlantic salmon farms in the US. I use to buy the whole fish and fillet 100s of lbs for smoking. I still use the same knife with the same blades for perch and it works fine. It does heat up and always has but works great.