Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guppy35

Best $50 Trail Camera?

Recommended Posts

Can anybody recommend a decent trail camera for around $50 or less?  I've got several higher quality cameras, but there are some areas on another property that i would like to scout without putting a lot of money into the cameras.  Doesn't have to be anything special or have all the bells and whistles, just something that will take decent day/night time pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check flash sales for field and stream and bass pro.  I got a primos a few years ago that was like $50 or 60 off.  The (lower end) wild life innovation cameras are good for day but pretty bad for night.  That is all I have.  I buy the cheaper cameras because I want to know what predators are after my chickens and I do not need to see how many points the fox has.  But I get a lot of deer on them and night time quality is pretty bad.  There seems to be a sweet spot in distance.  Too far and only eyes and too close is a wash out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a steathcam 3 pack for $99 black Friday last year.  They seem to be ok for the $$.  Normal price is around $129 / 3 pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Primos because they are so easy to set and are not expensive. They came out with one that is under

$50. I bought one and it takes decent day and night pics and also has movie mode. No frills but they are

less that $50. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=primos+bullet+proof+2&_sacat=0&_sop=15.

That price is only on ebay. Other places that are more than $50. The model is Primos bullet proof 2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild game Innovations. They run $30-$40 and ya get about 3yrs outta them. They take excellent pics for the $. We have 10-12 of them out 8-10 months outta the year. WGI_0261.JPGIMG_5672.JPGIMG_5673.JPGWGI_0039.JPG


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

Can anybody recommend a decent trail camera for around $50 or less?  I've got several higher quality cameras, but there are some areas on another property that i would like to scout without putting a lot of money into the cameras.  Doesn't have to be anything special or have all the bells and whistles, just something that will take decent day/night time pictures.

Wildlife innovations. I have six. They work great. 49$ at Dick's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Gary, wildgame? What model?


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Frogger - Wildgame Innovations Terra Extreme (14 MP) is on a "flash" sale through Dick's right now - only until 10pm tonight.  Originally $79.99, marked down to $34.98

 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/up-to-50-off-trail-cameras-flash-sale

 

I bought four of them a few days ago, supposed to arrive on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been running a cheap wild game cam behind my house for years and it just crapped out this spring.  I leave it out all year.  Pic quality isn't the greatest but decent. 

WGI_0057[1].JPG

Edited by GAMBLER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run wild game innovations I bought at Walmart for $50 on public land and they work just as good as 75-$100 ones I have on private land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up buying four of the Wildgame Innovation cameras through Dick's last week.  They arrived yesterday, but since my wife works from home, she found the package before i got home....which means she has leverage.1539497817_TrailCameras.thumb.jpg.b52448e114e653107e67182bb244062a.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

I ended up buying four of the Wildgame Innovation cameras through Dick's last week.  They arrived yesterday, but since my wife works from home, she found the package before i got home....which means she has leverage.1539497817_TrailCameras.thumb.jpg.b52448e114e653107e67182bb244062a.jpg

lol how my kitchen table looked back in july lol nice !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, GAMBLER said:

I have been running a cheap wild game cam behind my house for years and it just crapped out this spring.  I leave it out all year.  Pic quality isn't the greatest but decent. 

WGI_0057[1].JPG

wow nice pic these cams are fine with me!! and i sent one back that failed to load they replaced it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...