Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guppy35

Best $50 Trail Camera?

Can anybody recommend a decent trail camera for around $50 or less?  I've got several higher quality cameras, but there are some areas on another property that i would like to scout without putting a lot of money into the cameras.  Doesn't have to be anything special or have all the bells and whistles, just something that will take decent day/night time pictures.

check flash sales for field and stream and bass pro.  I got a primos a few years ago that was like $50 or 60 off.  The (lower end) wild life innovation cameras are good for day but pretty bad for night.  That is all I have.  I buy the cheaper cameras because I want to know what predators are after my chickens and I do not need to see how many points the fox has.  But I get a lot of deer on them and night time quality is pretty bad.  There seems to be a sweet spot in distance.  Too far and only eyes and too close is a wash out.

I picked up a steathcam 3 pack for $99 black Friday last year.  They seem to be ok for the $$.  Normal price is around $129 / 3 pack.

I like Primos because they are so easy to set and are not expensive. They came out with one that is under

$50. I bought one and it takes decent day and night pics and also has movie mode. No frills but they are

less that $50. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=primos+bullet+proof+2&_sacat=0&_sop=15.

That price is only on ebay. Other places that are more than $50. The model is Primos bullet proof 2.

Wild game Innovations. They run $30-$40 and ya get about 3yrs outta them. They take excellent pics for the $. We have 10-12 of them out 8-10 months outta the year. WGI_0261.JPGIMG_5672.JPGIMG_5673.JPGWGI_0039.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

8 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

Can anybody recommend a decent trail camera for around $50 or less?  I've got several higher quality cameras, but there are some areas on another property that i would like to scout without putting a lot of money into the cameras.  Doesn't have to be anything special or have all the bells and whistles, just something that will take decent day/night time pictures.

Wildlife innovations. I have six. They work great. 49$ at Dick's.

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Gary, wildgame? What model?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Frogger - Wildgame Innovations Terra Extreme (14 MP) is on a "flash" sale through Dick's right now - only until 10pm tonight.  Originally $79.99, marked down to $34.98

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/up-to-50-off-trail-cameras-flash-sale

I bought four of them a few days ago, supposed to arrive on Monday.

I have been running a cheap wild game cam behind my house for years and it just crapped out this spring.  I leave it out all year.  Pic quality isn't the greatest but decent. 

WGI_0057[1].JPG

Edited by GAMBLER

I run wild game innovations I bought at Walmart for $50 on public land and they work just as good as 75-$100 ones I have on private land

I ended up buying four of the Wildgame Innovation cameras through Dick's last week.  They arrived yesterday, but since my wife works from home, she found the package before i got home....which means she has leverage.1539497817_TrailCameras.thumb.jpg.b52448e114e653107e67182bb244062a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

I ended up buying four of the Wildgame Innovation cameras through Dick's last week.  They arrived yesterday, but since my wife works from home, she found the package before i got home....which means she has leverage.1539497817_TrailCameras.thumb.jpg.b52448e114e653107e67182bb244062a.jpg

lol how my kitchen table looked back in july lol nice !!

On 10/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, GAMBLER said:

I have been running a cheap wild game cam behind my house for years and it just crapped out this spring.  I leave it out all year.  Pic quality isn't the greatest but decent. 

WGI_0057[1].JPG

wow nice pic these cams are fine with me!! and i sent one back that failed to load they replaced it!