1st Bear Creek Report of the year

We took my boat out for a shakedown trip last night....things started out bad. The big motor was on 2 not 4. This is after just servicing. Then to top it off, I rebuilt the fuel pump on my kicker and that was not working correctly. Well on to the fishing...We ended up 13 for 16! We had a mixed bag of trout and steelies. With a triple and 2 doubles. We missed the first 3 and hammered them after that. The biggest was around9# and most were in the 3-5# range. We worked 40deg water just east of the power plant running a frog colored Challenger and 2 bleeding stickbaits a blue bomber off the boards and we flat lined red and white little Clio. We ran 2.0-2.2 on the GPS. One of the best trips ever on the lake! (Other than ringleader and screamer pumping the primer every 2min to keep the kicker running) LOL The pic is of the biggest brown The second pic is of the famous ringleader and screamer with a double... Wolf

Pq23mMXS.jpg

aV22MJpA.jpg

It started out a little shaky with the motor at first, but we made the best of the situation. Wolf will get the bugs worked out of it. We had a great time hooking up so early in the year :D:D Hopefully this is a sign of good fishing this year!!!!!

FYI Just a side note you have to be a Ontario resident to launch in Bear Creek...You can buy non-resident passes at the town hall. I heard that they will be giving tickets for trucks without stickers this year. Wolf

Hey Jim,

Way to go..great first trip and pics to boot!!! I'm glad to hear you got out so early this year - I saw your boat at Pugsley's today and wondered what was going on.

Let me know if you ever need anything...

Later,

-Chris (your neighbor down the street)

Glad you got the boat out already this year, sorry to hear you had issues, glad you had a great trip!

Ever need another set of poles, give me a call!! I really enjoyed fishing with you in 2007; would love to do it again!