Jax Report from 4-13 Ibay

This was from monday-but wanted to post

Had a full day trip planned for 2 return clients from last season on the monday after Easter. Lines set and fishing by 7 am out of Irondequoit we headed up the shoreline towards shipbuilders working 8-12 fow with stickbaits off the boards and spoons on the riggers. After an hour of dialing them in we starting popping fish all the way towards webster park. Firetiger and black and silver rogues were hot along with black spotted stingers in chrome and gold off the riggers back 10 down 4 and back 20 down 8.

The father and son were having a blast on smaller browns and cohos around the 3-5 pound mark. I worked out to a little deeper line hoping to produce some larger fish, the 10-18 fow mark and instantly doubled up with a couple solid browns with one being around 8 and the other being around the 10 pound mark. Around 11 oclock we were 10 for 14 and we locked up again with another double for the father and son! Sweet this is turning out to be a great day! :yes: One fish being a nice brown and the other a rainbow off the rigger. The father landed a 9 pound brown and stumbled back to his seat without asking for a picture or talking. I asked my first mate who was driving for me to see if he was ok? Well it turns out he was having heart pains and having a heart attack! With rods still out and his son fighting a fish I asked if his dad would be ok? His son replied he should be, he just needs to take his nitro pills. Well his pains got worse and after a few minutes I had my first mate dial 911 and tell them we will be at webster park in 5 minutes. After inspection the nitro pills were out of date and werent helping. Like a Nascar pitcrew I broke down the spread- 2 riggers and 6 planer board rods along with the otter boards and began heading towards webster park which we had luckily just passed by a 1/4 mile while trolling.

With the lack of dockage at webster park I pulled the boat up next to the wheelchair platform in between the rocks in some rough seas on the pier and some nearby fisherman were nice enough to help stablize my boat so it wouldnt get to abused by the rocks and cement. The ambulance and police were allready walking towards the pier when we tied up, quick reponse time to say the least. He was still stable but had bad chest pains when the medics started to treat him. They worked on him for 15 minutes and then we positioned him onto a backboard and had to lift him out and onto the pier in 2 ft rollers tossing us against the pier. They did a great job and stabilized him enough to get him on the stretcher and off to rochester general. It was a relief to have him in good hands on the way to a good hospital with the company of his son.

My friend and I after being shaken up a bit from the whole experience pushed off and took the boat out to safe water to straighten out the boat and put things back in order. We decided to fish our way back to Ibay fishing 4 rods and ended up with some even more great fishing with 2 double headers on big browns along with bunch of cohos! I think our final tally including the morning was 22 for 31 with 10 coho, 1 rainbow and the rest brown trout with 6 browns being over 8 pounds and 1 slob at 14 pounds 33 inches.

Around 5 pm I got a call from his son in the hospital and told me that his father ended up having another heartattack in at the hospital. They had to do a cathterization of his heart and found it to have a 90% blockage in the main artery. They were able to give him 2 stints to hold open the arteries and got him stablized and on his way to a recovery. I owe some thanks to the authorites and medical personal that aided in the saving of his life!! Staying cool under pressure was key, along with the quick thinking and a fast response from 911. I dont know what I would have done if we were further out from shore.

Here are a few pictures from the day

gx1vKUHi.jpg

One of the double headers

Pq2s7fHi.jpg

gx1vLb9i.jpg

gx1vObJ9.jpg

Pq2s4Lyi.jpg

Pq2s56_A.jpg

Im sure I left out some of the days events but I tried to keep it short. This was a very humbling experience reminding me that I have other peoples lives in my hands. This time it had a happy ending and Im extremely thankful. I have taken alot out of this experience and hope by sharing it you can to. 8)

He has since left me feedback on my website which helps put things in perspective for me when i read it. You can click here to check it out. http://www.jdscustomcharters.com/Guestbook.php

WOW that is one you will remember! What cracked me up though, was like a true fisherman, after getting him on his way and boat out of danger you dropped the rods back in for a few more fish! Glad it worked out and nice call on heading to Webster Park.

Jax that was a very heart warming story thank you for sharing. You guys did a great job taking care of this guy he was very lucky to have been with you on that day. I got stung buy a bee on a friends boat one time we were about 5 miles off of hughs and my reaction was very touch and go because I did not have a bee pen or any benidrill. You can bet know I always have some benadrill on my boat now and I will see the doctor for a couple of those bee pens soon I think there called a epie pen. I am also glad to hear that awesome fishing report.

Hey Everybody,

My name is Matt and my father and I were the ones who were on the trip with Jeremy that day. I just want to say what a great Job that captain Jeremy did in helping my father and I to get where we needed to go. When my father had his problem Jeremy didn’t panic. He quickly sprang into action getting the boat gear set while his first mate dialed 911 and got us the help we needed. Furthermore, He didn’t worry about getting back the original dock or the condition his boat might be in after docking at the cement pier. He just did what he needed to do to help my dad and I. Jeremy my family and I are eternally grateful for all the help you gave us that day. After speaking with the doctor he told me that getting my dad to the hospital as quick as we did was a major factor in saving his life. I would also like to say thank you to Dan, Jeremy’s first mate for the day, as well as all the police, firefighters ambulance drivers and doctors who helped us to keep our dad around awhile longer. At this point my dad is at home, doing fine and looking forward to getting out on the water again sometime. Though this time I think we will be going for small mouth bass as opposed to those monster browns kings and cohos that we got with Captain Jax. I highly recommend Captain Jeremy to anyone who is looking to have a fun and safe time on the water. Jeremy I will be in contact soon about setting up a date for a friend and I to go after kings later this year. Thanks again for everything.

Matt Bloom