Landlocks

nice catch but sorry those lakers look small.  

I fished Seneca alot in the early 2000s caught  big healthy browns and lakers along the north end drop off trolling .

Today I paddled around Severne for a few hours , huge gloppy clouds of some green muck s. h. t. what the hell is it ? 

I did not see any sunnies i was shocked wtf.

Tons of bait clouds everywhere in 60 to 90fow you guys know the lake is on a downward spin sure a few trout around as always. 

What happened to all the posts for Seneca ? Anyone catching LLs or rainbows ? 

What do people expect to be a good day fishing? Seneca lake charters is quite he pulled a 14lb laker out last week and filleted it like just another fish. On Seneca I try to catch Quantity over quality first then I’ll start looking for a bigger fish for charters. Put time in and you’ll catch them

What amazes me is the amount of guys that say Seneca is dead yet guys do decent.  Yes it had some down years but it seems to be coming back.  We can all sit here and say the old timers say this and say that.  Look what the old timers say about Lake Ontario!  Some old timers complain that we don’t see 40lb kings anymore yet catch rates are through the roof over the last 10 years.  Laker size is not something that happens in one year.  Lamprey predation has caused big issues and it seems to be getting better every year.  Again, lamprey control isn’t something that works in one year.  Guys like Nick have figure out how to succeed on a lake that is tough.  Those who haven’t shouldn’t be slamming him, they should be learning from him.  Nick has given people my product and showed guys what he is doing and they figured out how to help out more fish in the box in Seneca.  All lake have their ups and downs.  Seneca will come back.  It has the bait to support huge healthy lakers.  

• Like 2

For anyone to call a Charter Captain on this forum "an idiot) for speaking his mind respectfully is unacceptable, and frankly why I stopped posting on here very often.  Nick openly shares on this site and has shared with me during a National Tournament mind you good intel.  I went to Seneca this year for the first time to participate in the tournament and we caught Landlocks, Rainbows, and Lake Trout in decent numbers.  We had the 7th or 8th largest in the tournament, and we won the LOU big fish Friday.  I had no problem finding fish in the lake and getting them to bite.  Is the lake still recovering from its issues,  yes but it is far from dead.  If you can't find and catch fish look in the mirror and figure out what you are doing wrong, its you not the lake.  The same colors, presentation, speeds and strategy I use on Cayuga works there too.....there are less fish...but they are indeed there.

Be respectful on here and you just might learn a thing or two....Most of the guys on  here are classy good fisherman, but a few bad apples ruin it for the rest and drive off people who don't want to deal with it.........

my 10 cents (inflation)

lol

Mark

• Like 4

What amazes me is the amount of guys that say Seneca is dead yet guys do decent.  Yes it had some down years but it seems to be coming back.  We can all sit here and say the old timers say this and say that.  Look what the old timers say about Lake Ontario!  Some old timers complain that we don’t see 40lb kings anymore yet catch rates are through the roof over the last 10 years.  Laker size is not something that happens in one year.  Lamprey predation has caused big issues and it seems to be getting better every year.  Again, lamprey control isn’t something that works in one year.  Guys like Nick have figure out how to succeed on a lake that is tough.  Those who haven’t shouldn’t be slamming him, they should be learning from him.  Nick has given people my product and showed guys what he is doing and they figured out how to help out more fish in the box in Seneca.  All lake have their ups and downs.  Seneca will come back.  It has the bait to support huge healthy lakers.  

I happen to be one of those guys. My ‘gambler rig’ is the first thing I put down when targeting lakers on Seneca.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_1145.jpgResized_20220803_194749.jpgIMG_1144.jpgResized_20220704_105709.jpgIMG_1245.jpg
  • Like 2

If I can go to Seneca with little to no experience on that lake and catch double digit numbers it’s certainly not dead. 100% the key to my success was solid intel from good forum members here. Would I have found and caught fish with out it? Probably. Would I have caught as many? Absolutely not. I certainly would not call someone who has figured out how to make a living off that lake an idiot. If anything, he’s smarter than most of us working regular jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2