4 hours ago, hookedupf7 said:

We got him on a stick In shallow for browns. Just didn’t expect an eye I guess

Nice fish.  It seems that Spring fishing Ontario can be like a box of chocolates....only been doing it for 4 years now and in addition to Browns have had Atlantics, Coho, Kings, Lakers, Perch, and a Small mouth.  Never caught a Walleye any time of year so waiting for that!!  I suspect hooking a Walleye that size in skinny water put a good bend in the rod.

That’s awesome.  I landed a 31” ‘eye off the fair haven pier one day casting for browns with a 10 1/2’ noodle rod with 6 lb line and it just happened to be opening day of walleye season.  Thank God because it is on my wall and still the biggest one I’ve landed.  You never know what springtime fishing will bring in close to shore.

• Like 1

Don’t want to be a “ Karen “. But be careful posting pictures of fish caught out of season. My buddy got a nice fine for exactly that   The reg  is posted below 

Closed Season Restriction

A person may not fish for a species (even if immediately released) during the closed season for that species on a given water. Fish caught during the closed season must be unhooked and released immediately. They may not be handled for any other purpose.

16 minutes ago, hookedupf7 said:

Chinook it was unhooked and released almost immediately. Quick pick and sent it.

Still against the law and you could be fined.   Just trying to save you a headache and some money. “They may not be handled for any other purpose.”

Edited by chinook35

On 4/12/2023 at 7:15 AM, chinook35 said:

Still against the law and you could be fined.   Just trying to save you a headache and some money. “They may not be handled for any other purpose.”

Even in the main lake they're out of season? I know where I'm from in MI in the great lakes waters they're open all year long. Just close down inland lakes and tribs. Just asking as I'm not sure of the exact laws.