Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Could be a bad transducer too. It happens from time to time.
  2. GAMBLER

    Lead Core?

    I have my short cores on daiwa sea line 27 lcs.
  3. GAMBLER

    Lead Core?

    I had some suffix lead core on my 2 and 3 colors and ended up switching back to cortland. I had issues with it fraying and breaking after very little use. I just spooled my 10 color with a spool of lead ore from Great Lakes tackle co. that I got in the goody bag from the sandy creek Shootout.
  4. GAMBLER

    Hemlock

    South end has a nice parking lot with a long walk to the drop off (fishable water). North end access is right near deeper water. If you fish the drop at the South end, you can get browns, rainbows, landlocks, lakers, pickerel, largemouth, smallmouth, perch, crappie, gills and seeds. You never know what you are going to catch there. If you walk from the South end, follow the trail in the woods until you hit the drop off. The south end (huge shallow weedy flat) has many spring holes. Once you get to the drop off, you will not find the spring holes.
  5. I did something similar to this in the summer. I one of my special mate tackle boxes wide open on the seat on a bumpy day. Not fun!
  6. It should be divided up equally in that division not put in his pocket. The Orleans county derby divides it up if a slot is not filled.
  7. I thought about this aearlier tonight. If the salmon division does not fill up, Dave Chilson is set to pocket some $$$$ since the steelhead division money is being dumped into the King division.
  8. Hopefully this is not the pattern! I hope march comes with record warm temps! I love ice fishing but the salmon and trout itch is really bad.
  9. They can be fizzed but not burped.
  10. Not good for the alewives either......Hope for a warm March and April to get things back on track.
  11. Nice choice!
  12. This is a nice boat. It sits a couple slips from me. Catches a lot of fish too! What are you upgrading to bear?
  13. Congrats Pete.
  14. My Gimbal bearing and engine coupler went bad leading us to find rotted stringers in my boat. Drill a hole in the stringers to see if the wood is rotted. If they are not, simply fill the hole with resin. If they are, have fun putting new ones in.
  15. Come on Chad, You can average 17 per trip with only two rods out if you come to the dark side and fish lakers like I do.
  16. Hammerhead cowbells with spin n glows are my go to for lakers. There is NO BETTER way to catch lakers than the old cowbell and spin n glow set up. As for steelies, I have a NK spoon that is pink, blue, purple and silver that rocks steelies in the spring. NK no longer makes the spoon but I found some in the reject bins at his sale a couple years back.
  17. Clippers. They don't flip around and tangle lines when you have a released release on the tow line.
  18. It couldnt have been too recent because the grass has not been that bare in while!
  19. I run the blue diamond roller rods and love them. I have heard good things about the regular diver rods too. I would go with a Daiwa Saltist 30 over a Tekota. The Saltist drag is super smooth and adjusts a better than the Tekota.
  20. What's wrong with that Keith? Isn't that how it is supposed to be?
  21. They lock down on the line and hold the position you set them at. They hold the position by a piece of surgical tubing on the diver that the line goes through. You let out your desired lead and lock it in. I reset the line counter and set it out the distance I want. It is not as complicated as it sounds. Look on Youtube for a video. I watched one on slide divers a couple years ago.
  22. I use the slide divers for browns and high fish when temp is up high. It is nice to have the option to run long leads off the divers. I ended up buying 2 rod and reel combos dedicated to slide divers.
  23. For those of you that were inquiring about the age of this fish, the DEC finally got back to me with an age on this lake trout. It was 27 years old.
  24. Here is the ESCAPE (aka Chicken Coupe). She is a 1986 Starcraft 22'. She has new stringers, transom and a new 350 engine.
  25. I texted him today with no response. If I hear anything I will let you know.
×
×
  • Create New...