Fished today 6 am to 11:30 went 2-4.Best marks for us were in 240’Weather men wrong again today called for 1’ or less wind blew westerly waves 2-3’ with white caps,tired of the beating pulled rods.All spoon bites for us good luck.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Almostthere said:

Fished today out of Mexico. Fished 5am to 1. Went 8 for 12.  Best water was 110-130 down 85 for us.  Weather man was definitely wrong. 

I ran west to the radio tower but didn't love the seas with my wife.  Had 2 quick hits and 1 fish on (dropped) in 230 and trolled with it back given the conditions.  Lost a big one that strung me out and missed another late in the  range you spoke of....guess I should have focused inside but you never know and by that time (and perhaps earlier) I wouldn't have liked having to cycle back into it enough in my boat with my wife but oh well....thats the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to fish out of Mexico normally fish Wrights Landing but with Harborfest we went to Mexico.

Friday was pretty good went 5 for 5 120-140 fow 60-80 down 2 fish in teens screen had few fish not much bait showing. Others were 8 - 12 lbs.

All spoon bite. but did go out to 260 better bite at 120-140 only one bite in 200 fow , 2.5-3 on fishhawk

Sat fished till 12:30 or so got pretty rough so headed in.  Caught 1 135 fow 80 down spoon bite again. 

Sunday was pretty good more bait and fish on screen best 110-140 fow 85-95 down on rigger  more bait on screen.

No meat or dipsy bites all spoon.  Overall had fun.

Mostly fished in front of plant hope that helps

• Like 1

Fished this morning out of Oswego.  Picked up one dink ~5 lber around 10:30 on a spin doctor/fly off a dipsey in 120 ft down around 60.  I had 50F at around 70-75 ft down and kept speed between 2 and 2.7. Decent rollers were out and it made trolling south an exercise in constantly checking and adjusting speed and depth.

Marked a couple of looky-lous checking out the ball on the rigger but nothing else.  Marked just a couple of good bait balls and some action on the bottom in a couple of other places.  Dock report from other folks coming off at noon was pretty much the same: scattered fish and very limited action. Most people seemed to be way out.

Edited by ChrisS

We fished yesterday out of Oswego. Went 4 for 6. Rigger with a Mag frog down 65' did most of the damage. No bites on F/F or meat. 140-160 FOW was where our action was.  Slid out to 350' without a bite. Lots of marks down about 70 ft. We will be ready to try it again this weekend!

• Thanks 1

If anyone fishing Oswego this weekend (Aug 5 & 6) wants to network or just trade reports please contact me. My wife & I will be in town visiting her folks. We’re not in any of the tournaments so happy to share what we find out there. 

Mark from Akron, Ohio

two16-three38-three459

smellfishone at gmail dot com

Edited by bigwalleye
Added weekend dates
  • Like 1

Fished 4-8pm today. Mostly 300-400 with 360-380 being ‘best.’ Boated 2 immatures and 1 steelie, lost another steelie.  No matures. 

43-44F 95-105 down

48F 95 down

54F 80 down

’Heard’ at the ramp the matures were out 700 feet. Anyone else hear similar?

Fished yesterday evening to take advantage of the calm seas.  Apparently I was the only one? I only saw two other boats out on the horizon and two others motor in.  The strong blow over the weekend seems to have pushed the cold water out as temps were down around 110-120 and water was ~72F at 70 ft.  Only had enough time to make a couple of passes and marked very little out to 320 FOW or so, came back in shallow and marked some bait and a couple of fish in 140 FOW, but was only able to make one short pass.  That was it.  Pulled lines at dark and motored in.

5 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Fished yesterday evening to take advantage of the calm seas.  Apparently I was the only one? I only saw two other boats out on the horizon and two others motor in.  The strong blow over the weekend seems to have pushed the cold water out as temps were down around 110-120 and water was ~72F at 70 ft.  Only had enough time to make a couple of passes and marked very little out to 320 FOW or so, came back in shallow and marked some bait and a couple of fish in 140 FOW, but was only able to make one short pass.  That was it.  Pulled lines at dark and motored in.

Thanks for the update. Will be headed there on Thursday - Sunday!

Today is a blow off day. We are heading up the three locks to fish the Oswego river I assume for walleye and whatever else. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Never got on the big lake went up below lock 6 and fished between lot 6 and 5. Too many bass to count. Made the best out of the one long weekend each year we get to come to lady o