Watching the forecast and it looks pretty nasty all the way up until Saturday.  For a guy that just makes it up a few times in July and August, where would be the safest place to start searching for fishy water?  Head out deep to the stable water or stay in tight and try to find cool water?  I would imagine theres some big girls in tight, maybe get lucky and hook a few.

I’ll be arriving from Pittsburgh Thursday afternoon, maybe get out a little prior to Saturday depending if the water wants to cooperate.

Ill keep the thread updated if anything works.

Appreciate the help LOU

Kings are getting caught from 180 on out. Meat has been a very steady producer but I would start out with a mix. Ff combos have not been particularly productive for me. If it’s really rockin we have been successful on browns but finding the right downtemp is definitely critical 

Lotta action on this thread 😂.  Well, just got back.  Fishing was pretty insane.  One of the better trips for #’s of fish.  Nothing huge, just very nice fish.

Once we were able to get deep, we caught a lot of fish.  Inside of 300 was pretty slow.

Spoons and Meat seemed to be what they wanted.  FF didn’t do much.  

Be headed back up on Friday, see what happens.

IMG_0389.jpeg

Edited by Eyecatcher

1 hour ago, seeyawader said:

Any Intel on fishing out of olcott? Got skunked this morning fishing 160-200 feet,,thankz

Got to go out deep after all these high wind events . Start around the 31 line . You should find a target rich environment out there. You'll see marks inside but they don't wanna bite anything. You may get a occasional strike. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eyecatcher said:

Head out until you run into the Canada border, drop your baits 100’ down and wiggle around.  Tons of fishes out there.

IMG_0427.jpeg

Thanks for the report, that helps,,I'm in a 26 foot pennyann with some kids,,so was a little Leary going deep with possible north winds

Remember this time of the year, it is important to consider equally “where the fish are” as it is to consider “where they are going “. Staging should be starting. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip guys. Went 3 for about 10. Not counting a bunch of jacks we threw back. Maybe like 6 or so of them. Kids first time and kept ripping rods up and down. Was my son inlaws family from spain and they spoke spanish so a bit of a language barrier,.lol..,couldn't calm them down when they had fish on,,,Too funny..nothing big. Fished like 28 to 30 line. Was bumpy this morning starting out with 17 knot winds but calmed down to dead flat thru the day. Lots of bait out there couldn't get a consistent bite but picked away at them.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 4:44 PM, RJanosz said:

Got to go out deep after all these high wind events . Start around the 31 line . You should find a target rich environment out there. You'll see marks inside but they don't wanna bite anything. You may get a occasional strike. 

About how far out of Olcott is the 31 line?   Thanks.

A quick recon mission this afternoon to see if any stagers set up yet. The lake was starting to roll over. 44 degrees 48’ down over 90-150’. We watched the green water leave and the clear stuff move in. After tonight’s NE wind she will be a cold mess but should start the fish moving in. 

We fished 350-420 this morning. 1 nice king 24/25lbs plus a decent steelie 8/9lbs and an immature king. Ended 3/5. Temps were up and down. We found better temps around 350 to end the day but no bites. All fish caught same spot near 415’. King took a DW UV mag wonderbread off dipsey while steelie came on Carbon14 moonshine 92 down off rigger. No meat no FF bites. Try again Tuesday. Other guys at ramp said they went all way to the border landed a couple steelies out there. We found the fleet working 350’ early afternoon when we quit. Colder water there than out in 425+. Good luck if you go. 

IMG_6030.jpeg