Downrigger Rods

I know this gets asked a lot and I have done a search.  

I live in Maine and fish lake trout, landlocked salmon, brook trout, and lake whitefish.  For over 20 years I found the Ugly Stick Big Water 8'3" downrigger rod to be just about perfect and use them downriggers, in-line boards, and up to 5 colors of leadcore.  After 20 years I have completely worn them out.  From what I have seen and read, the new models are not the same so I'm looking for something different.

In particular the FishUSA Flagship Trolling rods.

I HATE buying a rod sight unseen but am wondering how these may compare.  Thinking the 8'6" 2 piece or the 9 foot ML.  I should mention that the rods will be paired with Okuma Coldwater 203D reels and I typically use 10-12 pound main line with 8 pound leaders..

Other suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Edited by JDK

Those are good rods.  I am guessing they use an Okuma blank.  I would guess the blue diamond blank but the FishUSA ones are shiny and the new blue diamond rods are not.  Someone on here will probably know the answer. While I haven't fished with them, I have handled that exact rod and I think you'd be happy with the results.  Really lots of good options out there that wont break the bank.  

I don’t know what size fish you typically get but I absolutely love my Starfire ML rods on my downriggers for walleye, small lake trout and rainbows.  Most fish I get are in the 2-6 lb range but have also used them for 20# king salmon on Lake Ontario.  They aren’t fancy new rods but I haven’t found any that are strong And have enough action to enjoy catching small fish along with larger ones.  

the Daiwa wilderness trolling rods in M/L 8.5' and 9.0' are so great for fishing walleye on Erie's central basin with lite bite slide divers. I never use the slide part. I tie to the front arm then I tie a 65# piece of braid about 12" to an O-RING then lace the line through the back and tie my snubber to that line then I use a 7' to 8' Seaguar premier fluro leader attached with a swivel then I use another swivel on spoons, harnesses, and on most of my cranks.

what I love about these rods is they are all glass that will stand up to the abuse for many years. the M/L is the only way to go as they flex when the boat rocks so I can set my releases a little lighter. and running more than one rod per side they flex together and if something small gets on my hook it's so easy to detect that rod isn't acting right. A few years ago we were catching a lot of larger fish. with the stiffer rods, the hook pulled out so many more times than with the lighter rods which would flex taking stress off the fish and hook.

for trolling you have no reason to spend the money for sensitive rods. the rods are all you will ever need. they are also great downrigger rods or anywhere else you want to use them.