South shore guys,  what wind report do you find to be the most accurate?  The shoreline seems to have its own microclimate and never ends up being what my report says the night before or even as I am driving out in the morning.  In my experience, anything more than 8 knots from the north is a no-go for me.  I’ve been using windfinder.com but it failed me last weekend.

Many years of experience have taught me there is NO accurate wind prediction. I use NOAA marine forecast to get a general go - no go idea  I will add 1 foot to ANY prediction 

if it’s calling for 1-3 you can bet on 2-4 

bottom line , what you see when you get to the lake is what you get 

I’ve sat in the parking lot. Many  times watching the 1-3 waves clearing the breakwall 

I hear that and has been my experience as well.  An hour drive isn’t as bad as many others have to do but it still stinks losing a day with a wasted drive out. 

I use the Olcott Buoy data before I leave the house. I look at the hourly forecast on Weather.com for the port am fishing. It there is any sort of front moving up East of the lake, expect windier than predicted NE winds on the water. 

I like fishweather - I use the paid version of it and I've found it to be the one I use the most.  We are slipped so we are at the boat anyways usually so for us its a matter of getting up and looking at the lake but good to know what the wind will do in a couple hours as well.....might help you to decide if you are going to breakfast or going to leave the dock.