Sandy creek pen Steelhead release

Awesome job from all the volunteers that came out to make this a success. 

15 k steelhead will be available for all to catch . Remarkably , we only had 3 dieoffs out of 15 k

Great job from all the volunteers headed up by Rob and Jesse 

We were a little worried about high creek temps for an emergency  Release but Mother Nature gave us a break.  

See you next year 😀 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really wish the DEC would put more pressure on the feds to regulate their population.  The Canadian side has opened a season.  

• Like 1

I heard about the evening releases. 5PM will help, but still gives those birds time to feed. I stocked up on bottle rockets in PA recently  and will be ready for them.       

The Feds showed up at the Oak to fire blanks and poppers at the birds as we pulled the steelhead pens out to the Lake Monday evening. As well as the chinook’s being released at the docks. They said they’d be there on Tuesday to continue to haze the birds. 

I know DEC helped schedule them just like last year.

3 hours ago, King Davy said:

The Feds showed up at the Oak to fire blanks and poppers at the birds as we pulled the steelhead pens out to the Lake Monday evening. As well as the chinook’s being released at the docks. They said they’d be there on Tuesday to continue to haze the birds. 

I know DEC helped schedule them just like last year.

That’s great but dead birds wouldn’t come back! 

Unfortunately, 50-100 blew up out of the Yacht club slackwater and out into the lake Tues AM. I figured they were full of lil steelies. 

Posted (edited)

I have been them flying around in small groups over my cottage 

You know , I have to say , great group of guys with good attitudes and work ethics . It's a pleasure to be around these folks . 

Edited by HB2

On 4/24/2024 at 8:43 PM, LazyRiver585 said:

Browns released. Not a single bird of any species to feast. 🤙🏼

Good awesome!  Great job guys!  DEC is stocking browns by my work soon.  A couple years ago, the cormorants were there for days crushing our stockings.