Seneca 08/12/09

Launched at Severne fished the East side fom 6:30 to 10:am put twenty lakers in the boat. Had a group that wanted some good eating size lakers for the grill/smoker. We had a hard time geting fish under 5lbs today, (problem I can live with 8) ). We had 5 over 30 inches from 9 to 10lbs all but one of them we could let go. The weeds started to blow East around 9am then west by 10am. If you go out, watch out North of Sevene out over 500 we found some big logs and tree tops in the weed pods. Only ran 4 to 6 rods that all took fish today wire divers out 220 to 240, riggers down 80, 70, 60, and 50', and core. We did not get into the off fish today but they had to be down over 70' I had temps of 64 to 65 70' down up North. All of the bait wa down 50' t 80' also and we found a ton of it. Hear is a Pic of the pile I had to fillet at the end of the trip.

IMG_4253.jpg

Thanks Guys, I have a trip on Seneca in the morning out of severne 8/13. If any of you are out give me a call I will let you know whats going on. I hope the crap (weeds and trees) in the center of the lake stays off the fish I found.

Thanks Guys, I have a trip on Seneca in the morning out of severne 8/13. If any of you are out give me a call I will let you know whats going on. I hope the crap (weeds and trees) in the center of the lake stays off the fish I found.

What a great guy you are! Your attitude, and people like you, is why this site is so great.

In the spirit of sharing... I found lots of small (1-3lb) fish and bait on the west side of the lake last weekend. Between Starkey and Long Point. Same depths as you (60ft to 80ft) but close to shore at about 120ft bottom.

Nice job. What colors were hot today. We have had a hard time getting the riggers to go. Most of our fish have been coming in on the wires with white spinny/green fly. Hope to get out Fri or Sat. We will try a little deeper as well. Keep up the good work.

I use the red off shore snaps from the snap weight kit. Put your snap swivel on one end of leader, then put line in back hole on off shore snap then tie on second snap swivel. Hook snap to your main line then swivel snap for lure. I like doing it this way due to the fact the off shore snap stays in one spot even with a fish on.