Seneca Rainbow/Salmon 08/17/09

What a morning on Seneca :o . My group got on the boat at 6:40am at Severne, we took a short boat ride and got set up over 500' of water. Put six rods out and had three fish on just as the 6th rod hit the water. By 8:05am we were 2 fish short of a three man 5 fish per person limit, and by 9:30 all three of them had 5 fish each not counting all of the lakers we let go at the back of the boat. I have never had a day like today on Seneca, we had twenty five fish by 10:30am and half of them were Salmon and Bows. But what makes the day one we will never forget is the one that got away. We had a bow on the rigger get off at the back of the boat, he took a dive into the kicker after a long battle. The line broke on the prop and he came up to the side of the boat and laid on his side just long enough for everyone to get a good look. I have never caught a bow that big in any lake including Ontario, he had to be at least 15lbs. We hit the same area for another try and we did put 4 more bows in the boat and lost two, we let almost all of the bows go and kept the salmon. The bows all went around 5 to 6lbs and the salmon were around 20 to 23 inches long. I hope you guys had a good day at work today :lol: Sean

100_3362.jpg

100_3361.jpg

Thanks Guys, Justin tomorrow should be a good day, Sounds like it might be not so great Sat and Sun with the cold front blowing in Friday night. Greg Cayuga has some great bows in it to, just like Seeca if you can find the area they are in you can get them. And they all have a Rainbow or two like the one we lost, that is what keeps you going back ;)

Those of us who fish this #$%^& lake regularly know how great a day like this feels. Seneca can punish you day after day and then all at once, give you something like this. Congratulations! :clap::clap: Hope you have many more days like it.

This darn lake!!

Grady

PS How were the weeds?