ASIAN CARP

LongLine

Am I gonna need to fish the middle of the summer with my top,side curtains and drop curtains up so I don't get hacked in the head by one. Well at least until they take over the lake and it's kills off all the trout and salmon.

THOSE :swear: IDIOTS :@:devil::no: WILL THEY EVER LEARN OR ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL IT'S TO LATE?

Unfortunately these fish are filter feeders and will be eating all the same food that our baitfish, and other smaller fish eat. It appears they are not at all easily caught on hook and line unless they are snagged. I believe the only way they are caught in the mississippi and other waters they have spread to already are by nets. :@

Unfortunately these fish are filter feeders and will be eating all the same food that our baitfish, and other smaller fish eat. It appears they are not at all easily caught on hook and line unless they are snagged. I believe the only way they are caught in the mississippi and other waters they have spread to already are by nets. :@

Maybe that's why Jax has all those hooks he found :o:o:lol::lol:

Longline,

Think about it ..no lures, no poles, no flies. no flashers, downriggers, outriggers....jump in the boat to the box to the weight in....Home for breakfast. :beer::beer::beer::lol::lol:

And the perfect crime...in law that pi...es you off. Have them stand in boat while you are under the canvass...wham..fish wakes em, overboard ....see ya :devil::devil::devil:

Seriously..I have been following this problem for a while and it is getting worse. This could destroy fishing as we know it.

Shade

This is really nothing to laugh at,and could very well create major problems for those of us that fish the great lakes.Do a little research on these nasty fish,and you'll soon see how terrible things could become.They would be far worse of a threat to the great lakes than the Zebra and Quagga mussels.

Let's hope the Rotenone treatments work,because it will be just a matter of time before they reach lake O. we won't have to worry about the wind turbines making fishing impossible,because these nasty things will have already changed things for the worse.

Chill Bigeasy...you need to wory more about the things you can make a difference in this country than worrying about wether or not you can fish next week or not. The carp problem is in the hands of the envioromentalist now and there is nothing we can do at this point. When the time comes when we need to step up i am sure we will do what needs to be done but right now we can only sit back and see what is being done.

Shade