Conesus 2-2

FISHINMAN

Hit the hard water with Gambler, his dad and a very heavy heart today :( but kept thinking that's what cousin Gary would have wanted me to do. Set 15 tip ups and jigged for gills. Did a slew of gills probably 150+ and keeping about 40 good size ones between the 3 of us to give to some people I work with. Saw a few bass, a pike and a crappy on the camera but no takers :@ . Fished from about 9 am to 2 pm. Started pulling our tip ups and after pulling number 11 Brian sees a flag go (the farthest one of course!) Not running but he feels a bit of weight on it and sets the hook :yes: After taking about 30 yards of line a couple of times Brian reaches in a grabs this fella :

Photo0564.jpg

Measures out to 36 inches and about 12-13 lbs :clap::clap::clap: Got this guy on a big dead herring bait :o:o:clap:

Great finish to a emotional day for me on the ice. Like to think somebody up there was helping us out at the end ;)

It was a good day on the ice. Tom left out how much fun he had cutting tangles out of his line all day :lol: . Thanks Tom for the tasty sandwiches for lunch. When I fileted this pike last night, it had a 11 inch largemouth in it's stomach.

Muskybob, trying the reciepe you gave me for fish patties tonight. I will let you know what I think tomorrow.

Tom I am very proud of you to get right out there and fish so soon after your loss. Keep up the faith brother... I am glad you did well.. Let me know if you want to get out this weekend. I am fishing friday with a neighbor and saturday with finders keepers...... Dale

Tom left out how much fun he had cutting tangles out of his line all day :lol: . Thanks Tom for the tasty sandwiches for lunch.

Yeah I forgot :o:lol:

All fixed now though.

My pleasure on the sandwiches, heating them on the heater was a bonus :yes: