FLORIDA KEYS ???????

Awesome Ray....enjoying the pics bud! Over a foot of snow last night and 50 mph winds here in Pa.....enjoy Florida you lucky bastard :D:D:D:D

Hey, what bridge did ya catch the Tarpon under and on what? What Island you staying on ?? Are the no see-ums bad? They were terrible in Key Largo last month.

the bridge east of ohio key were we are staying ,havent seen any no-see-ums what do they look like ??? shulda seen the fish i got the other day just before a major storm came in from the west ,i was 500 yds from shore by the time i tucked in the trees there was 5 in of water in the back of the canoe with 3 ftrs then it quit as fast as it came...cant wait till i can get back to that spot shulda brought my fishfinder with the gps had a grouper on for 5 min that i couldnt move from bottom and it was only 10 ft deep caught 5 or 6, 18 in groupers from same hole so i know this one was a goodun ...the strong n/w blow yesterday silted (sanded) up the gulf side so i gotta give it a day or two to settle out ......kinda fun learning new waters, Its amazing the difference in bottom dispite only 7 to 12 ft bottom depth as far as one spot holding fish and 20 yds away nuttin so a handheld gps would be better than nuttin too. The tarpon was just a fluke(no pun intended) im shure as he got it on shrimp..and its just a tad early for the migration to start (march,april)..but good fun to see from a canoe jumping 4 ft in the air....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

kinda found some new playpals 48 in is biggest so far king mackeral ....white on silver and watermelon mags working good other things have been working but the fish inhaled them whole before i rigged up with wire so i cant show them too ya. fish are very fussy on speed anywhere from 2.2mph to 7mph if the bait will run at high speed ...biggest spanish mac.was 36 in

PS. I found these fish less than 1 mile off shore no need to go to the channel 4 miles out was getting hits in less than 4 ft water ,kinda like spring browns with a tad more fight :lol::o:clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Great pics Ray but I think ya got something on your lens there in that last one :lol:

What's with the bikini clad women walking towards the camera? What did you do throw somebody else the camera so they could take the picture for you because I am sure they were walking away from you :o:lol:

Glad you made it back safe bud :yes: