My first boat (I am 10 years old)

SHADE OF GRAY

Check out my boat! She is in rough shape but me and my brother and my dad are going to put a new floor in it and get the motor so it runs better. We will use it to perch and bass fish on Cayuga lake mostly. I cant wait. I have to come up with a name for her soon. I also have to take the boaters safety course this winter so I can take her out and slam some fish. :)

jfsvr.jpg

BtLw0.jpg

BtO09.jpg

Congratulations Shade'. Good luck with your new-to-you boat. Having a little sweat equity in him will make your first boat that much more enjoyable. Maybe you could have a little “Name the Boat†contest with your family & friends and the winner could get a day out on the lake with you. Could be a lot of fun.

Maybe your dad could give you a few tips on jigging up some lake trout. Don’t need to spend much money on equipment and you can catch some mighty nice fish on Cayuga doing that. If you do a search here for jigging lake trout you'll get a pretty good heads up on what to do.

Again, congratulations. Be safe and take your dad fishing every now & then if he behaves himself.

Congrats on the your new "Fishing Machine" it should provide you the perfect platform for a wide variety of fishing pursuits whether trolling, casting or just hanging a line over the side. Also realize that you are taking on a HUGE responsibility at a very young age to be the helmsman of a motorized maritime vessel. That is why your Dad wants you to have the safe boaters course and get your card. You won't be the only boat on the water and the course will give you a better understanding of what to expect the other boats to do and what they expect you to do. We all want you to be "safe" first and then have all the fun and fish you can handle. Good luck with the new ride and study hard.

Capt. Larry

Hey young Captian, congrats on the rig, Im shure as you and pops work on the new to you boat youll come up with some good name ideas. I kinda like your board name "shade of grey"...............BUT LIKE CAPT. LARRY said SAFTY FIRST thats a big moter for that size boat and one overcorrection on the steering and you could be in trouble, so take your time to learn to "read the water",, "read the sky ,and pay close attention to the weather"............Im shure (we) all look forward to hearing of your adventures.. hey why dont you and dad bring it down to the fla keys so we can test it out in some warmer water.....

CZ8_A.jpg

ray k.

PS ,......learn the limitations of your boat and moter.....

CZHVA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...