Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: LongLine

Looks like we’re off to a super season.

Launched early again, flying solo. Headed for the ponds. Good cloud cover, no wind.

RussellA5-1-10.jpg

Worked the 20-35 FOW range over pretty good. Ran into this chunky little guy on the rigg’r at 8 over 25. DW SS NBK back 75 ft.

RussellB5-1-10.jpg

After he was revived, lure retied and about ready to reattach it, the glow Clown NK on the other rigg’r fires. Heh, heh, heh…. 1st salmon of the season.

RussellC5-1-10.jpg

16 Lbs, 14 over 32 FOW, 20 ft back. He fought his heart out & it took a solid 5 minutes to revive him.

Surf temp 50-51F. About 8:00, the sky cleared, saw some birds out deep so headed out. Scum line and blue water at about 60/65 FOW. Saw only a couple small pods of bait and only a couple marks 10 ft off bottom in 70 FOW but no takers.

Off at 10:30 with the start of a sunburn.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

p.s. King

Nice King Tom...I was gonna take some "Longline" photos yesterday of a few fish but opted for the quick throwback...maybe next time. Nice job! Tank

Thanx guys. As far as rigg'rs go - Don't leave home without them.

Not too many boats out there this morning. Maybe 2 dozen. Most went east or hung out at the mouth. A few went west but I dont think anyone came with 1/4 mile of me.

Didn't see much on the screen. Bait shallow was scattered.

Good Luck,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Tom....Went to the ponds and trolled to Braddocks. In very tight. Friday was an respectable bite, but today was tough. Few cookie cutter Brownies. One thing I would like to comment on is the size of the Smallies we caught....They were monsters. Friday we had 4 planers go at the same time....all 19 inch smallies. Man they must have been 5 lbs each. They are definitely chowin down on the gobies......Tight lines......

Tim - That's what I was thinking but it's right on the borderline. 1 Lb lighter I'd have said yes, 1 Lb heavier & I'd have said no. Was a nice clean fish regardless.

Tom B.

(LongLine)