2007 Lake Ontario United Fishing Tournament

Anyone interested in starting up an online fishing tournament? I saw it on another fishing forum...

Basically, if you catch a big fish, take a picture of it and a length measurement. In the picture needs to be a "sign". The sign is just a printout saying "LOU 2007 Tournament" so that you know the pic is from this year.

It's mostly on an honor system and I don't have any great prizes to offer, but maybe we could get a shirt or something for the winner saying "lakeontariounited.com 2007 Salmon Champ" and "lakeontariounited.com 2007 Steelhead Champ" etc.

Any interest?

I'll do my best to update this top post with current leaders.

Current Leaders:

(These are obviously just placeholders until the first entries come in)

CHINOOK

Bobs_Boy - 35 1/2"

DSCN1895.jpg

COHO

EMPTY

STEELHEAD

EMPTY

BROWN TROUT

Bobs_Boy - 25 1/2"

DSCN1898.jpg

SHEEPSHEAD

Fishshack - 24"

6-24locking009.jpg

Nick

Nick, I tried several months ago to get a touney going something along the lines to which you speak of. It went no where. I think ReelDiel was the only to respond. Maybe you will have better luck than me. I suggested tying it into the summer LOC which would then confirm weights. I had all proceeds going to an appointed penrearing project, with bragging rights as you speak of going to the winning boat-weight wise.

Chin, I think I see what the problem may have been... the word proceeds :) I put my $25 in for the LOC summer tourny and personally wouldn't want to spend another penny on a tournament :D I'm just cheap like that. So maybe if we make this free, there will be more interest.

Besides, if I can get Yankee to join.... it will be nice to whip a Proam winner :devil:

Only problem with joining it to the LOC board is, many of us never get onto that list.

Nick

ok, here is an image that can be printed out on an 8.5x11 piece of paper and included in any fish picture taken....

LOUtourn2007.jpg

If someone has a webpage that they can link the powerpoint file to, I can send it to them. Or it is available upon request at [email protected]

Nick

Tournament Rules:

#1 All fish must be legally caught

#2 The fish must be taken from Lake Ontario waters

#3 The LOU Tournament image must be fully visible in your photo

#4 The length of the fish from the nose to the tail and accurate to the 1/4" must be recorded and documented when your photo is posted

#5 All qualifying fish species will be seperated as follows:

Chinook Salmon

Coho Salmon

Steelhead Trout

Brown Trout

Lake Trout

Sheepshead

#6 Fish may be released once photo and measurements are taken

#7 All entries must be in before midnight on September 17th 2007

#8 Images must be posted on this thread or emailed to me for postage on this thread ([email protected])

Nick

Nick, thanks for spearheading this. I hope that many would get involved. I know when it was first discussed, there was some concern about those who post here and have no means of fishing from a boat. Some looking for a day tourney to get those who can't lake fish involved as well. Irregardless, good luck to all. P.S. how long does the tourney run for? I'd like to see thru Labor day.

If you know how to post a picture, just do it in this thread. If you don't know how, you can send me the picture via email.

Oh and final decision on fish species will be determined by the smartest person I can find (not me).

Nick

I suppose we can do all species that are entered... I just didn't think many people on this board fished for other fish... but all are welcome.

I won't be able to get up to the lake this weekend... so consider it a head start for everyone before I get up there and start kicking butt ;)

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot my camera this weekend, but Redneck from Sodus Pt has a few pictures with the poster that I'll be getting from him next weekend. 28" steelhead... it won't be official until I post though.

Stix did you print out a poster? That brown you caught would be hard to beat :)

Nick

Bobs Boy . I answered your radio call Sat . But must be you could not hear me.

As far as pictures go I didnt take any pictures. Probably should have.I had the camera in the boat. Fish is in the freezer. The derby runs for a month and Im hopeing for something bigger. Everyone is king crazy, leaving the browns and bows alone. Except up at my camp they are all chompin at the bit to beat me.I caught another brn. today weighed 9.5 .

Probably should have weighd a couple steelhead today. But once you put them on the hook and they get thrashing around you pretty much have to keep them. I killed a 9.5 steelhead Sat afternoon that I didnt really want to keep by trying to weigh him.

I dont know where all the steelhead came from this year. But they are there week in and week out.Also they have been cooperating all day long. The brn. bite has been tough unless you can find some stained water. Like after the storm we had last Fri. nite.I didnt brn. fish at all Sunday....

I got out for a bit this morning, landed 3 browns real quick then moved out for some king action... could only manage steelies. It had been a long time since I had fished browns... basically just put out my king setup and trolled slower 2.2mph. Any tips?

Nick

Nothing special on the tips. We had that Westerly blow Fri nite . Kicked up some colored water in close. Worked that in and out.

No color Sunday so we rainbow fished. Kings have not really shown up yet. I see A&M caught a nice one. Depending on conditions we will probably rainbow fish next weekend.

BBoy,

Decent Brownie.

Hope you plan on eating it & not letting it get freezer burn. Next time let it grow! What ever happened to C&R? Measure, Click, release. Its that simple.

"What ever happened to C&R?"

Probably the same thing that happened to respect towards others. Let me guess, you wish people weren't allowed to own guns, shoot bambi, or eat veal?

If you wish to C&R, great. If every day you wish to keep every fish you catch over 18"/21"(steelie) until you limit, great. That's YOUR choice, but leave my choice alone.

Go fall in the lake.

Nick