Due to computer issues I havent been able to post and have been relying on my iphone for LOU updates! Well I just bought a new imac and finally back!

Sandy Creek 7-4

Well I decided to take out the girlfriend for her first Lake Ontario experience! She has never caught anything bigger than a sunfish so I hoped to get her up to speed fast. ;) Started off right out front in 150 fow and popped a few skippy kings right away and got her used to the protocol and what to expect. She did great the whole day and even brought food! Go figure! We ran 2 diver rods and 2 riggers with riggers doing most the damage with hot Stinger Spoons in Glow Gator and NBK taking most the fish. We didnt get any derby quality fish but ended up boating 19 for 23. The divers did some damage on cohos and teenage kings while it seemed the spoons were skippy and 3 pound king magnets! I switched over to lakers and found em in 130 fow and popped 4 in 30 minutes..... 2 doubles! She loved it and was able to take her time with lakers. Biggest laker was around 12 pounds. Nothing for the L.O.C. but a great day! I made her reel in EVERYFISH unless we had a double! :rofl::devil:

Olcott 7-5

After talking to a friend I decided to head down to Olcott for a change of pace and hopefully some larger fish with my friend Steven. We got the boat in and were fishing by 7 am. Started a tad west and set up in 80 fow. The screen looked great so we set up. The first rod to go in was a wire diver pulling a Wonderbread Spin Doctor Hammer Fly. I just clicked over the bail and went to set up the first rigger rod with Stinger NBKs and I hear the Shimano Tekota Screaming!! I handed off the rod and went back to setting the downrigger. He yells to me how much line is on here hes out to 750!! 8) I went on to the next downrigger and he yells FISH FISH! That rigger rod was straight down and screaming! DOUBLED ON SCREAMERS!! Boated both fish with one weighin 28 lbs and mine 24 lbs. What a way to start the morning!! Both fish CPR-ed because I knew the 28 wouldnt last on the LOC board. I had a hard time getting all 4 rods in most the morning-a problem I dont mind having! We stayed inside 100 fow between the creek and the red barn taking another mature around 22 and a bunch of diesel cohos 6-12 pounds, as well as a bunch of low teen kings! What a morning so far!!

After a little lull I went out a bit as I crossed the 160 fow mark We doubled up on Big Steelhead!! What a sight watching these chromers jump together 3 ft out of the water! Boated both and got re rigged, heading NW in front of the red barn. I had marked that way point on the Lowrance -20lcx so we navigated back around and popped another double within feet of our GPS waypoint!! We continued working this spot for the rest of the day taking 8-9 steelhead a bunch of cohos and teenage kings as well as 2 atlantics at 5 lbs and 12 lbs!!

The highlight of the day was that Steelhead honey hole I think we had 5 double headers alone right there all on steelhead between 8-14 pounds! Also on a pass through that gps waypoint heading east I noticed a sheriff boat heading straight at us as we were fighting a double header. As they approached the Diver rod pulling an Lemon Ice Spin Doctor Atommik B-fly went off---TRIPLED -- SWEET. The sheriffs were hooting and hollering about wow check that out as the silvers were jumping around behind the boat! Just as Im about to grab the net for the first one the other diver rod goes off pulling a chrome e-chip Atommik B-fly! QUAD!!! Unbelievable! There commenting the whole time--"now the pressures on!" they sayed We only boated 3 of the 4 being a 10 lbs steelhead a 6 lbs coho and the 12 lbs Atlantic! Needless to say they we put a hurting on em that day boating roughly 32-33 fish taking over 40 shots!! Hot spoons off the day were the Stinger NBK mupped on the riggers, the Lemon Ice combo, as well as the glo green trashcan dodger Atommik Green Crinkle on the wire divers! We steelhead were coming 75-80 down with kings right below them at the end of the day.

Im amazed at the fishery we have here EVERYTIME I go out! Lake Ontario never ceases to amaze me! Its Days like this that make me grin when im at my day job wishing I was fishing! ;)8)8)

HvESr.jpg

HvHmA.jpg

HvJRJ.jpg

HvMlS.jpg

HvOR0.jpg

HvTQi.jpg

uddR9.jpg

udgli.jpg

HvRl9.jpg

Good stuff Jeremy! Bigtime props on the release of the 28#er. So if I get out with you this year at all I have to bring food with me now?? Fishinman Tom, a little help here!! :lol: See ya out there! Tank

Sounds like you are really dialed in Jeremy. Great job!

Looks like you found a new fishing partner, and I'm sure she is better looking than Brian too :lol: . Although she brought food, it is tough to beat Costanza products so you still might be "in" Brian. :rofl:

With the season you are having Jax I am glad to hear you are an avid catch and release guy. Keep it up! :)

LTtroller

(Bob)

Wow, great shooting!!! Isn't there some of the most beautiful slate green water off Niagara county right now? What I can't understand is where the hell is the bait? You would think all those fish are feeding on something.