Dunkirk 8/13

overthelimit

Tried outside and could not get anything going, fished 75-110 fow for three hours without a hit trolling harnesses and spoons. So I went back to what I do best, fishing bottom on structure. Found bait and some fish on the bottom in 45-57 fow. Got out the heavy stuff and things worked out. Took five nice eaters in a little over an hour. Saved what could have been a very dissappointing day after an hour drive.

9-5limit.jpg

The big fish was about five pounds, the rest in the 19-20 inch range which makes for great table fare. Fished 4 oz. inlines on braid back about 80-90 feet just about bouncing off the bottom with harnesses. I think I'll stay here in the Buffalo area until things get hot again.

Tried outside and could not get anything going, fished 75-110 fow for three hours without a hit trolling harnesses and spoons. So I went back to what I do best, fishing bottom on structure. Found bait and some fish on the bottom in 45-57 fow. Got out the heavy stuff and things worked out. Took five nice eaters in a little over an hour. Saved what could have been a very dissappointing day after an hour drive.

9-5limit.jpg

just wondering if u were trolling or drifting when you moved in to the structure?

Every morning this past week, boaters are casting Erie Dearies on the hump in front of the sunset bay beach club off the Catt. in 17' FOW from 6-8am and limiting out every morning!!!! Wierd year I think you are seeing the results of the eastern end stocking program come to fruition.