Cheep shot laketrout6 ,so is 6 the total number of lakers youve cought in yer lifetime??

next time i clear the campbell on ramp ill be laying out the "spike strips" well see who gets to the oak first...I wish you would fix your septic system every time i pass campbell with a west wind I get blamed for the aroma in the van. :o

Well it seems as though the mob mentality has taken the LOU site by storm once again. Capt Scott, It's good to have you on board. I leave for a while and this is what I come back to? Yes , it is nice to know some things never change.Your fishing prowness could never rival any of the experts on this board,so don't even try. Stream guys are just a menace to the LO scene & us fly guys are detramental to the health & well being of their fish & when some can't hook up will blame us for their woes. All I can say is be prepaired for some healthy bantor. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Orvis stuff is not good?Shame on you.

we are all on the water for the same reason. and that would be the sound of a king screaming line. music to my ears. and from the guys on the lake to guys at the o-town river dam we are all fishing for that sound. so i guess what im saying is anyone any way anytime can yell hooked up. or in my case HOT SOUP!!!!!!!!!

Boy,

Tough crowd. My first post ever. Mr. "Salmonite" is correct. My report reflects fishing with a fly rod from both pier and beach in the Webster , NY area. I am a certified US Coast "Captain" with over 20 years on the Ocean waters. I am also an Orvis Endorsed Fising Guide. If you commented in a negative maner about my first post, try to be less an ass on your next comments about my post. Chances are you think you are a "fisherman" or a "captain" or something, but your not much of anything. Your probably a worm chucking, spoon draggin, bait boy. Not much sport or skill in draggin spoons on a lake. Try it 80 miles out on the ocean, overnight, trolling for Big Eye Tuna. :D Getover yourself, its Lake Ontario guys. It;s fishing.

I'm pretty sure it's stuff like this that got this thing going. :no:

someone's been rubbing in their waders too much and thinned their skin..HB if you read the post with a open non defensive mind you just might see most of us mob members were having a little fun with a new fisherman AND coast guard CAPTIAN.. I too have,Orvis,jr higgens,mad river,fenwick,colinan,rods and some pretty good reels too. ive streame fished for 40 yrs till my adging legs cant take the punishment much more so now i have a boaty,i have never read or met any boat owner that has ever said any derogitive about guys on the streams,,

thanks Ray K.

hope this helps..

edited: l&m

Hah, Hah !! I really needed someone to make me laugh after the last few weeks!! Yea , just some good natured fun from the same good old boys. Sorry, my mistake. I know you guys would never say anything bad about the stream guys. I buy the cheapest equipment I can get away with. Mostly off the bargain & sale racks., but I get by. I'll try to be more open minded& less defensive in the future.

so when are all the crowds gonna be gone from the rivers and these fly guys gonna leave and go hunting? as for fly fishing its a way to catch a couple fish in a day.... if you really wanna catch you use a centre pin :P

On a serious note... any word on the Oak or 18 as for the browns movin in?

Hey Loadman, After fishing the tribs pretty hard since 1974 , I have learned that a fly presentation on a lot of days is the most efficient & best presentation. But you are correct about a float presentation when things cool off & the fish slow down.Saved some eggs yesterday to get the long rod back out this winter. Sick of watching the pin guys catching all the fish out of the pools in the winter ,so I'm giving in. Saw a few browns yest. Welcome aboard. Check out trib site below.

got two this morning at 6:50am. very rough water and very windy. noone fishing except me. got em on the east side of the pier on a copper spoon, mid-way out. my first trout ever :D

im new to trout fishing...was wondering, since the water is so low in the creek and the mouth so narrow and mostly blocked by a stone beach and apparently very few fish moving into the creek, will the steelhead just hand out around the pier and mouth of creek until that water rises and mouth opens up a bit?

how long can i expect to fish off the pier and catch trout at this location, until ice forms? end of november?