havent used much cut bait since Rhys Davis stopped selling it.how good is this brand you guys are talking about?how do you rig it?head on/off?,whole or cut?(triangle strips)

do you brine it?add scents?( i used to add a few drops of pure Anise to mine.)

thanks for the help!

mike

Yes to everything except the brine. It is already brined and holds the scales reel nice.

Quote from website

"FAMILIAR BITE BAIT CARE GUIDELINES: These baits are PRE-SALT BRINED and can be fished right out of package - no brining necessary, yet they hold there scales which produce more “FLASH†To insure freshness keep baits out of water (waterlogged), blood (discolored) or open air (drying out) in a separate small Tupperware type container (being crushed) and always refrigerated or on plenty of ice. "

http://shop.gltsupplies.com/merchant2/m ... Screen=VID

http://shop.gltsupplies.com/merchant2/m ... ct_Count=0

Anyone know if the FISH ON Bait Co. is still in business ? I tried to find their website but it appears to be gone . I still have some of their salted herring strips left, but I have had limited success with this product . I really wish Rhys Davis would come back.

salted herring strips I have had limited success with this product I really wish Rhys Davis would come back.

Chinook35;

I'm thinking your wish is coming true!!!

Familiarbite-1.jpg

I heard thru the fishnet that FamiliarBite is teaming up with Tom Davis of Rhys Davis and is producing a Rhys Davis like cut bait strip. The HERRING, yes you read that right herring, & alewife strips will be cut to the same specifications. They will be a perfect fit to standard large teaser bait heads and colors. Theres even UV colors.

Here are two pics of what is in the works

Click On Pictures To Enlarge

Familiarbiteherring.jpg

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Mark

Mark,

That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Keep us informed about the availability of the herring strips. If you can PM me about availability ,I will order a case as soon as you let me know that I can. Thanks.

Mark

I sure hope the Rhys Davis strips come back. I have many heads tied to 40lb seaquar leaders waiting to run but up till now have been disapointed with the few other cut baits I used. They fell apart quickly so I converted to Flys and have done well with them but on days when things aren't working it would be nice to throw some meat at them! If anyone hears of them selling it from Sodus to Sandy Pond please post. Thanks

I sure hope the Rhys Davis strips come back. I have many heads tied to 40lb seaquar leaders waiting to run but up till now have been disapointed with the few other cut baits I used. They fell apart quickly so I converted to Flys and have done well with them but on days when things aren't working it would be nice to throw some meat at them! If anyone hears of them selling it from Sodus to Sandy Pond please post. Thanks

Hey your price was right on that other stuff !!!!! Fish on bait good for ONE fish then it was toast !!!! Rhys Davis was tuff as nails.......

I heard thru the fishnet that FamiliarBite is teaming up with Tom Davis of Rhys Davis and is producing a Rhys Davis like cut bait strip. The HERRING, yes you read that right herring, & alewife strips will be cut to the same specifications. They will be a perfect fit to standard large teaser bait heads and colors. Theres even UV colors.

I heard this last week as well and it sounds like it will be out sooner than later for this season. As a side note...don't overlook Artificial strips either. MC Rockets teamed up with Big Weenie meat rigs have been a huge part of our program so far this season :yes:

We took this 19+ lb king at the Spring KOTL tournament on a Rocket/BW meat rig combo.

2011_04_27_10_43_53_976.jpg

Captain Ken;

The GLT Sushi flys are the ticket. I have been running then since I read the article from The Fish Doctor, Captain Earnie Lantiegne, http://www.fishdoctorcharters.com/templ ... ctor=video in what ever magazine it

was in. Now that the strips of herring and

alwifes are pre-cut to Rhys Davis specs it

will be a breeze to rig.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I had the chance to try the Familiar Bite Herring strips cut to Rhys Davis Spec's. The bait fit the heads perfect and held up great in the water. I used it with bait heads and even cut a strip from the strip for the Sushi Fly rig. This is the Rhys Davis of the old days. Because the bait is soooooo fresh I used Kosher salt to stiffen it up a bit but not a necessary step in it's use.

IMG_0851.jpg

Smoking is bad for you!!

IMG_0859.jpg

When will it be available to buy?? SOON I hope.

Mark

Gentlemen

As of today 5/26/11 captains cove has received our first case of new cut bait from Erie Diery / fish on bait company .. This new bait is a exact mimic to the rhys Davis of the old days.. I have been diligently working countless hrs to try and perfect this bait w them.. Supplies are limited as for this weekend we only have one fresh case that is salted to sell.. If you want it come and get it because it won't last long.. Lol we will receive our next shipment soon so if you would like to put an order in please give us a call @ 585-682-3316. I have been field testing this bait since last August and I can tell you this bait holds up. Trolling is no longer a problem the bait will not wash out.. You can also re use the bait after catching a fish providing the fish doesn't inhale it lol.. We will be getting bait in soon that is not salted as well but we are at the mercy of the bait co.. They told me 2 weeks or less for the un salted bait.

Thanks

Chris

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png