Rods for Finger Lakes

I just picked up some Daiwa Heartland "Kokanee" downrigger rods for Cayuga Lake. These Daiwa's are a lot lighter than the Heartland's we've been using up on Lake Ontario and I'm psyched to give them a run here next summer.

I'm wondering what all of you use for downrigger rods on the Finger Lakes???

Switching my rigger rods this summer to the okuma blue diamond 7'6 rods and either Okuma cv 15d or cv20d reels. I cant wait.

Tom

Tom,we'll look through our stuff.Might have some lightly used reels.You can have them ....Z & C

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Okuma Blue Diamond 7'6" for my FLX rigger rods, For divers I like the Talora TLA70ML fast action rigger rod on the Fingers (on LO I usually use my 8' Talora rollers). I use the Okuma classic pro & ugli stiks to haul copper & core on both the FLX and LO. -Andy

I'm more of the bargain troller. We run the very affordable cabela's whuppin stick 8ft light with Cabela's DM20 linecounter reels. For the price I'm in love with the rods, the action is great. The road loads up nice on the rigger and those 5-10lb trout feel like 30 lb kings with light line. The reels gear ratio is a little slow but linecounter is super accurate and the star drag is butter best $60 I ever spent.

I have used the Offshore Angler power plus downrigger rods from Bass Pro. I have been very happy with them. Compared to the heartlands it has alot more flex and you can really feel the fish on there kinda keeps yah more interested... They are relatively cheap at like 27$ bucks a piece. I will buy more of them...

TD

Spoon rods I have a couple of diamondbacks and the fish 307 rods they give out at the pro-ams. All light action 9' ers . Flasher and flies off the riggers I use my fish dr. 7' I use on Ontario.

Ugly stick light 7' downrigger rod (one piece model). :yes:

I really like this model. The only problem I see with it is storage and possible damage to the rods if not real careful. How do you store them? Do they sell a 2 piece model with the same action? I have the 8.3 and 9.0 models and like them quite a bit, but I want something a bit smaller in the 7 or 7.6 range with light action.