Diawa saltist-what do ya think of them?

Gonna be updating my trolling reels and am seriously considering the saltist 40lc...otherwise the tekota 500lc.For those who use`em what are your thoughts?

I`m itch`n to get fish`n!!Got the interior of my boat all tore up putting in new carpet,vinyl floor and rearranging my access hatches as well as installing my newly aquired evinrude 70hp(up from a 40hp-woohoo).I`ll also have a 2009 sealion galv trailer for a 14-16`that`ll be sold in the near future(came with the motor-junk`n the 77'proline boat)This trailer is brand new!!

Bob S

that`s what i want you to believe .. :lol: ...and if i throw anything like i did today i won`t be much good anyway.Damn that hurt ;( guess i better not test it anymore for awhile.Picked up a new 9`xxh tackle ind rod and looking forward to trying it out.Probably gonna be my river rod.As far as those reels go i`m likeing the 35"per recovery & 6:2:1 speed along with 20#max drag on the saltist as opposed to 25" 4:2:1 15#drag on the tekota.That tekota in nice though!!Atleast i have some time to think about it.

Bob S

Hey Bob,

I have my trolling setup with Saltist 40 lc. Personally, I love them! The line recovery is awesome, the line counter is very easy to read, and the reel is just great all around.

Chad has the Tekota (I believe 500 line counter models) on his boat for trolling. I feel that they are just as nice.

Either reel will be a great setup!

--Joe

Have been running 30LC Saltist on wire dipseys last two seasons- really like them. Planning to go with 50 Saltist on ten color and 400 copper this spring. Like the speed and line pickup- drags are smooth.