Back from Alaskan Trip

Hey LOU,

First I should thank the moderators for helping out with the site while I was away - thanks guys! Had a great time in Alaska with the family this past week. No pictures or videos could ever do that place justice - just incredible. It was awesome to see how many salmon were jumping around the cruise ship the entire time! We did have a chance to go do some Halibut fishing in Katchican and that was a lot of fun. Fishing 200 feet down with 10 oz weights bouncing bottom with using cutup salmon for bait. Here are some pictures from the trip.

IMG1033-L.jpg

IMG1027-XL.jpg

Custom2-L.jpg

IMG1202-L.jpg

IMG1358-L.jpg

IMG1364-L.jpg

Orcas5-L.jpg

Orcas3-L.jpg

Orcas4-L.jpg

Being on the water and watching the ocean's alpha predator swim right under your little tiny raft was pretty cool too ;)

Orca Whales

No picture or words could ever adequately capture the true enormity of Alaska - put it on your bucket list!

Cheers,

Chad

Hahaha - glad you guys like the crash landing. The ONLY thing you have to know how to do in zip lining is break and it was as simple as applying pressure from your hand to the line - that's it! :rofl:

5yrs from now, cant wait!!!! Me and my wife argeed that for our 10yr. anniv. we are going to probably the best place on earth ALASKA!!! Still tryin to decide on cruze or stay some were??? Any suggestions?? Not trying to steal your post just wondering what you might think since you were lucky enough to experience it!! Thanks for sharing

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Wonderful experience...!! Especially the Orcas and Halibut. That lady coming in on the zipline, though was, well, WOW!! I like the Homer Simpson "Douw!" cry on the second video as she does, indeed, slam into the tree :o ! I trust U have some nice Halibut steaks in the freezer at home to remind you of things....Very Niicce! :yes:

Indeed I do Panfisher :) Looking forward to trying them this week sometime. As far the "cannon ball" lady - my only regret is that I didn't film the other 7 TIMES she crashed landed...... the camera doesn't capture the tree swaying crazily after she hits! She didn't get hurt at all and at the end bought a T-shirt that said "I survived zip-line Alaska" - I thought that was pretty funny. My sister told the lady to ask for her money back because clearly her brakes didn't work! :lol:

Matt (jakeybabey) - We had our family (8 of us) on a cruise for this trip and it seemed to be a good choice as their was always some kind of entertainment on the ship for everyone, boys and girls alike. Each town we visited in Alaska (Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan) were smaller in size/population and I felt like we could see our share in the one day we were there. I know many people that have done a cruise first just to see the different areas and then went back up on their own to the place they liked best.

I can also tell you that the cruise was dead calm the entire time. You spend a lot of time on these inside passages where it really could never get rough enough to effect a 1,000 foot boat. This is exactly what my mother needed as she is prone to sea-sickness. She felt fine the entire trip :yes:

IMG1042-L.jpg

IMG1116-L.jpg

The other cool thing about the cruise that I totally didn't expect was seeing TONS of salmon jumping all around the boat. You can see in this picture all the salmon jumping.... that was pretty cool to just watch off the balcony.

IMG1045-L.jpg

If you can't catch salmon in Alaska....... you're in trouble!

Beautiful pics!!! I have been dying to go to alaska for several years now for some fishing/hunting. I have been thinking about tapping in to my 401k to head out there in the next couple years with some friends and family, and maybe even a few LOU members as a group trip.