SHARK!

This reminds me of a time when I took a guy out walleye fishing and caught a huge pike (44 incher) just as we were getting it to the boat I yelled "Get the net its a gator!" The guy's eyes were as big as saucers and said "You're bringing it in the boat?!"  

I thought I was gonna have to wash down the deck from him.

Edited by Chas0218

Just read an article that said Greenland Sharks can grow up to 25 feet. So when Shark fisherman mark Salmon do they consider them bait fish?

If they are 25' they consider YOU bait !!!!!  :P  :lol:

Never seen a shark, but hooked a Northern off the river once, Got him to the side of the boat after 30 minutes or so and he broke off.  Was about 8"....between the eyes!.   

:)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 3 months later...

along time ago (20-25 yrs ago) my dad and I were fishing Seneca near the barge in 570 fow. all of a sudden he said " what the hell is that?" I looked on the screen and there was a solid red arch down 320' that extended almost the length of the screen. we stopped the frame and took a 35mm pic of it. unfortunately the film got exposed and ruined so proof was gone. When asking a dec biologist  they said possibly and probably  a sturgeon. Was def eye opening

along time ago (20-25 yrs ago) my dad and I were fishing Seneca near the barge in 570 fow. all of a sudden he said " what the hell is that?" I looked on the screen and there was a solid red arch down 320' that extended almost the length of the screen. we stopped the frame and took a 35mm pic of it. unfortunately the film got exposed and ruined so proof was gone. When asking a dec biologist they said possibly and probably a sturgeon. Was def eye opening

I would think sturgeon too but that's still really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...

Sharks in Lake O.....   :o   .......Probably hooked into the Drone that went in the water this past winter.   :lol:  Bush's fault! Steve..............." I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."   :thinking:

I know the dude. He is straight up legend on sr. I guarantee it's not photoshop They got a couple more a couple feet shorter that Same night There is a decent population of them. Around. They're just very shy I'll dig up more pics

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

along time ago (20-25 yrs ago) my dad and I were fishing Seneca near the barge in 570 fow. all of a sudden he said " what the hell is that?" I looked on the screen and there was a solid red arch down 320' that extended almost the length of the screen. we stopped the frame and took a 35mm pic of it. unfortunately the film got exposed and ruined so proof was gone. When asking a dec biologist they said possibly and probably a sturgeon. Was def eye opening

i saw basically the same thing this past weekend just what ever it was moved came up to about 200 and then went back to about 225 but my finder could not read through it should the hook of a streaking fish on the screen but had interference below it we sent a rigger down I excepted a clang noise hahahahahaha stupid sub!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app